Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black rubber case for the black iPhone. Drop it into the black recess in the lower dash for the phone and it disappears. I always forget to grab my phone despite scanning when leaving for keys, glasses, etc.

So now I'm looking for a pink, or yellow, or orange rubber, (or glow?) iphone case just so i can see the phone left behind.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could get the iPhone screen to lite up when the ignition is turned off and the Bluetooth connection is broken, that would solve everything including nighttime issues.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Yeah, my iPhone will light up if I have the USB pluged in and when I turn off the ignition the charging stops.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Interesting thread :)

I kinda like that you cant see the phone when it sits there. :)
There is something to be said for the stealthiness of the phone. If I do leave it in there, I don't have to worry as much about someone seeing it in passing.

Personally, I blame the lack of a need to touch my phone once in the car as the reason for my new found forgetfulness!

·
Registered
'13 Rio 5-Door EX, '09 MINI Cooper S, '86 Syncro Westfalia
25 Posts
So now I'm looking for a pink, or yellow, or orange rubber, (or glow?) iphone case just so i can see the phone left behind.
Alternatively, you could line the cubby, or at least the recess, with a lighter color material. Maybe some felt or that grippy no-slip rubber shelf-liner stuff (I have some in light blue).

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Heck, the main selling point of the car was that my iPhone 4s (with bumper-type case) fit PERFECTLY in the little recess. It's why I bought the car! Really. No really. Ok.. maybe it wasn't the only thing. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alternatively, you could line the cubby, or at least the recess, with a lighter color material. Maybe some felt or that grippy no-slip rubber shelf-liner stuff (I have some in light blue).
Yes, I thought about stealing one of my daughter's Hello Kitty stickers and placing it in the recess. But then I would be looking for a 'negative image' of something not there and its hard to do in the dark.

Still thinking.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts