Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since te other day i have been scaning my car and trynig to find a diagram that tels me the transmission fluid sensor and fuel pump harness diagram so i can test it to but cant find anyjust need to know what to go in for me to use ohm tester on it and find out the transmission fluid temperature sensor
so i can change it if i have to i already know location of both parts i cant drive it because it stalls out when it gets to temperature i was coming home fron work and had to throttle it as I would be at a light or stop signs and hold the brake down same time need to get it fixed asap only way to go see my daughter andget to work without wasting cash on rides

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since te other day i have been scaning my car and trynig to find a diagram that tels me the transmission fluid sensor and fuel pump harness diagram so i can test it to but cant find anyjust need to know what to go in for me to use ohm tester on it and find out the transmission fluid temperature sensor
I gotta workshop manual for the 3.5 if u want it. Its over 20megs. Just send me ur email address...

·
Registered
111 Posts
so i can change it if i have to i already know location of both parts i cant drive it because it stalls out when it gets to temperature i was coming home fron work and had to throttle it as I would be at a light or stop signs and hold the brake down same time need to get it fixed asap only way to go see my daughter andget to work without wasting cash on rides
It could help if you said what the mileage of the car is.

Your issue could be the IAC valve (idle air control valve). It's located right under the Throttle body. It has a shape of a cylinder attached to a somewhat rectangular base and is made of plastic outside. Type up an IAC for Sedona years and you can see how it looks like.

If that thing goes bad, your engine will stall at stop at light or a stop sign because, your butterfly in throttle body is shut (foot off gas) so engine needs air to run at idle so the IAC opens a little opening in the throttle body that lets in the air so that engine can run. When foot is on gas, IAC shuts so the opening closes.

High mileage Sedona can have this thing go bad. Mine did. You can try cleaning it after taking it out but it won't last. It's attached by two screws (DO NOT loose them, they are small). However, if you go to Rockauto, they don't sell it by itself for Sedonas. You have to buy the whole throttle body, no can do that's a lot of money.

However, they sell it for Sorento v6. Your engine is the same as the 2003 - 2007 Sorento (I think, before the model change). It used to be cheaper but now it's pricey. However, if your IAC goes, you have no choice. I had to buy it as well after getting an ebay one for Mitsubishi one supposedly that fits but didn't work right.
I fixed it when I put in the one from Rockauto for Sorento v6. Now, the car has no issues and idles with no problem.

Lookup rockauto under Sorento 2003-2005 under fuel and air then look up idle air control valve.

Also, if you think fuel pump is bad, just change it. It's easy, it's right on the floor in front of 2nd row seat in the middle. open the opening and the fuel pump is right there. I changed mine out at 130,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
It could help if you said what the mileage of the car is.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 5 of 5 Posts