Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia amanti 3.5l v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Kia Amanti and it’s been having nonstop issues I know that there’s a restrictor hose on the car that’s discontinued causing the check engine light to stay on and I just wanted to replace the engine and transmission completely with something different to stop having all these issues I was wondering if it would be possible or if anyone can tell me if a V-6 Honda engine and transmission would fit inside of the 2005 Kia Amanti or any other reliable engine or transmission that would be able to fit inside my car I’m looking for a place to start on this engine swap someone please help

·
Registered
2005 Kia amanti 3.5l v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2005 Kia Amanti and it’s been having nonstop issues I know that there’s a restrictor hose on the car that’s discontinued causing the check engine light to stay on and I just wanted to replace the engine and transmission completely with something different to stop having all these issues I was wondering if it would be possible or if anyone can tell me if a V-6 Honda engine and transmission would fit inside of the 2005 Kia Amanti or any other reliable engine or transmission that would be able to fit inside my car I’m looking for a place to start on this engine swap someone please help
I have been taking it to the shop To get it fixed and diagnosed almost every single month because it keeps breaking down and having issues

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 2010 and 2016 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, ES30000, MGB91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
218 Posts
I have no ideas about an engine swap in this car, but there are lots of used Hondas and Toyotas that don't destroy the engine when the timing belt breaks. I've seen plastic "FOR SALE" signs at Home Depot for $1.
This car is 16 years old and therefore will require a lot of service. If you do it yourself, you could afford it, but the local shop repairs could cost more than a car payment on a reliable old Toyota.

·
Registered
2005 Kia amanti 3.5l v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no ideas about an engine swap in this car, but there are lots of used Hondas and Toyotas that don't destroy the engine when the timing belt breaks. I've seen plastic "FOR SALE" signs at Home Depot for $1.
This car is 16 years old and therefore will require a lot of service. If you do it yourself, you could afford it, but the local shop repairs could cost more than a car payment on a reliable old Toyota.
I found a couple of swaps I don’t want to get rid of the car I have another car to use as my daily and I’m more trying to get cars fix them and keep them you can never have to many spare cars It took a lot of research but I narrowed my swap to either a newer 3.8l v6 or full on 5.0 l v8 right in just working on getting all special parts and fit ments down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts