Kia Forum banner

I Need Help!(for Those Who Wish To Buy A Picanto)

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mtmkia 
#1 ·
hey jgongtauco and other forum peeps, if i got it right.. i plan to buy a kia picant tom.... do you think i would be able to get a black/ orange/ green color with in dash cd, power windows and 15 inch wheels? wat r d draw backs of getting an automatic, because i heard that if u get an automatic, there are alot of things in the body that will not be color keyed... how long do you think will i have to wait for my dreampicanto to come? i will even give the car dealer extra money incentive just not to wait and be put on the priority list.. pls reply asap, thanks!!! i really need help...

#2 ·
DONT BE CHEATED BY KIA PICANTO, THEY SAY IT CAN ACHIEVED 26.2KM/L BUT BASED FROM MY SERIES OF TESTINGS (CONSTANT SPEED OF 70 AT NEW NORTH LUZON EXPRESSWAY WITHOUT A/C I ONLY ACHIEVED 13KM/L) 3 TIMES KO NA BINALIK SA DEALER AT PLANTA WALANG MAGAWA....IM NOT SATISFIED!!!!

#3 ·
If you don't like it, return it then. You have all the right as a consumer/buyer for any product, especially hefty investments like a car. My A/T unit has been averaging 15km/l for every tank full of unleaded fuel since I bought it. To achieve high gas mileage involves a lot of factors - quality of fuel for example. It's possible that the quality of locally produced fuel here is of lower quality compared to a country say singapore - reason for which emission test for even new cars are not as great as expected.

If you don't really like the car, then return it.

#4 ·
I have a M/T Picanto and my average city consumption (aircon always on, no attempts at being frugal; i.e., accelerate to the max whenever needed) is a consistent 12 km/L. Fuel economy on the highway is a totally different matter however. Last month I did a 216 km run (Tagaytay -> Taal -> Tagaytay -> Taal -> Las Piñas) on hilly terrain with the aircon on, again without any attempts at being frugal, and I managed 19.5 km/L. Just yesterday I traveled from Alabang to Tagaytay and back with 3 people in the car, with the aircon on, and got 20.5 km/L. Spent less than P150 on gas for that round trip. :D

#7 ·
hi heymartie..i have the feeling jgotangco is a dealer, is he?...xtray, u almost convince me now not to continue with my picanto..To top it, i've been waiting long enough for my ordered unit to come...So many excuses from the dealer!! etc. etc.. LAst week, i contacted Honda dealer and i am giving my picanto dealer a week, otherwise i will get a Honda CT and cancel the picanto..

#9 ·
26.2 km/L was a result based on running the car at a constant speed of 60 kph. You will definitely get different results due to different driving conditions. Sometimes, common sense is often neglected as a major factor for determining the difference between an ape and human being. Use some brain cells please.

#10 ·
To Xtray, if you still have not had your picanto fixed with respect to the fuel consumption, maybe you should bring it to 3rd party efi experts. If you're a technical guy, you can manipulate the fuel injection timing by altering the air flow sensor. This however, might void your vehicle's warranty.

#11 ·
To Fleur, if you haven't gotten your picanto or honda city by now... you're in terrible luck. They've increased the price again. I'm still waiting for my unit since november and still they can't give me one. I was offered by KIA Quirino Manila but believe me... they're assholes. KIA quirino was offering me a blue diamond deluxe but with their terms... they want me to get it under financing from their preferred bank with a high interest rate and they even want me to get it at a minimum of 3 years with an outrageous insurance of 18,000+ plus an outrageous LTO registration of 4,500. They even said, "if you don't want their terms... there are alot of other buyers waiting in line."

Normal offer for a picanto is supposed to be at 8% per year interest plus 10,000+ for insurance and the LTO is supposed to be included with the Chattel. So far, I've been in waiting list in KIA Quezon Avenue and still don't have a word from them as to when the unit will be available.

Meanwhile, we bought a Honda Jazz instead...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.