Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found 4 different wiring diagrams for alarm installation and none of them have been correct as of yet. Does anyone have a definite version that is correct that can help me out. For example I am supposed to be looking fora green/orange wire in a four prong connector but there is not one. etc....

Each wiring diagram i have found says different things so far.

Thanks in Advance,

Vincent W. Seiber

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
The connector they're talking about is probably the 4-pin connector at the dimmer switch. Only three of the spaces actually have wires in them, and the wire is blue/yellow, not green/orange. It's a positive output, so make sure that the alarm outputs positive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info KiaMech also what about the wire for the parking lights/turn signals do you have access to a sheet you can send me.

I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah im looking to install an aftermarket alarm, I just need a spreadsheet or what not saying what colors /where for like each component that needs to be installed

Hence the blue/yellow for the taillights and what prong adapter it would be in.

Got anything like that laying around.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
The blue/yellow wire is for the parking lights (all lights that are on when you turn the headlight switch on to the first position). I didn't specify, but that is what you were looking for, right?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup the only other things i could think of off hand would be the wire in the door jam (yellow/green i think) that triggers the dome light and the wire for the turn signals.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
You don't normally wire in the turn signals. When you tap into the parking light circuit there's lights that come on in the same locations. Turn your headlight switch to the position before the headlights come on. This is the parking light circuit and all of the lights that are on in this position will come on when you arm/disarm/set-off your alarm.

Don't worry about going into the door jamb to find the dome light wire. If you have a light under the driver's side dash, wire to that instead. It's much easier. Some dome lights fade until they go off. If yours does, this could cause a problem by the alarm thinking that a door is open when you arm the alarm, and then bypass that trigger. Most newer alarms will wait a certain amount of time before checking to see if a door is open, so you should be alright. I just thought I would let you know that it is a possibility. There's ways around this if you do have a problem like going to the light in the instrument panel and using the door adjar light. This is usually what I use anyway, it just takes more time to get to.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info KiaMech!

I am about to post a thread with my new pics with shaved door handles check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! I just bought a 2001 Sportage 4dr. it came without user's guide and I didn't realized that there was a factory alarm on the car until today!, no idea how arm or disarm it! It just some how was armed today and I’m getting a hard time when I open the door!
I have a remote keyless that is not the original and I'm not sure how to program it.
Axe Man is it ok if I email you to obtain a copy of the factory alarm wiring?

Thanks in advance
cheredial

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4x4 auto
137 Posts
josh here is a digram for a sportage
2000 Kia Sportage Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/Red Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Blue/Red Under right Dash at ECM (or Injector Wire)
Neutral Safety Wire Green or Black (ECM) under right Dash
Brake Switch Orange Brake Switch
Trunk Pin Blue Under Glove Compartment at ETACS
Parking Lights Blue/Yellow (+) Dash Dimmer Switch
Head Lamp Blue/Red Switch
Hood Pin White/Blue Above Glove Compartment at ETACS
Door Trigger Yellow/Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Lock Red/Green (-) White Connector behind Dash Dimmer Switch
Door Unlock White/Red (-)
Driver's Lock Green Above Glove Compartment at ETACS
Driver's Unlock Black/Red Above Glove Compartment at ETACS
Horn Wire White/Black (-) Base of Steering Column
Windows Up LF=Red/Blue, RF=Black/Blue, LR=Green/White, RR=Green/Black
Windows Down LF=Green/Blue, RF=Red/White LR=Red/Black RR=Red/Green

Check out Stereo, Alarm, Remote Starter, Cruise Control, Navigation Wiring great site with tons of information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts