Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is in the body shop for some minor work, may be a week to 10 days. (see post #1 in BE VERY CAREFUL USING A FLOOR JACK! | Kia Forum (kia-forums.com) )

I have a rental - a VW Tiquan SE -- a mid-size SUV that is VERY close to the same size as my Sorento.

2023 Tiguan Mid-Size Sporty SUV from Volkswagen (vw.com)

But I am hating not having my driver's side running board when I exit the car. Probably is just "muscle memory" but when I stick my left leg out, it is a long way down to the ground o_O

I added the running boards primarily for my wife as she is handicapped. But after having them for 6 months, I am sure glad I added them. I know there are some folks who are trying to decide whether to get them. The X-Line Sorentos have a bit more ground clearance than regular Sorentos, so with that trim I think it makes sense. One bit of advice - if you are ordering your car, and are still on the fence about getting the boards, consider this --- if you wait until later, adding up parts and labor, will cost you close to double. So bite the bullet and add them to your list of extras.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Where did you get your running boards? I was looking to get a set, but the pickings seem slim.
I bought them from KIA after owning the car for about a month. Also had a KIA dealer install them. Quality is great, but the combination of parts and labor wasn't cheap. If you are handy with tools and have time on your hands, you can install them yourself, saving a little over three hundred bucks. C-Trink did, and if I remember right, he posted pics on how to do it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also curious about the running boards. Had them on my order, but unfortunately they will not be included when I receive the vehicle.
Why is that? Did your dealer forget to add them to the order? If so, I would insist they get them and install them for the original build price of $690.

·
Registered
'23 Sorento X-Line SX-P AWD, 2.5t, Aruba Green
2 Posts
Why is that? Did your dealer forget to add them to the order? If so, I would insist they get them and install them for the original build price of $690.
Was told Kia didn't have them available to be installed. "Kia sent some vehicle without accessories that were not available at this time."

I inquired about the cost to get them added later, saying I won't be happy if it costs more the $690. Waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was told Kia didn't have them available to be installed. "Kia sent some vehicle without accessories that were not available at this time."

I inquired about the cost to get them added later, saying I won't be happy if it costs more the $690. Waiting to hear back.
Yeah -- here's what it'll cost you if they won't honor the original price: $816 for the boards and approx $315 labor. That is what I had to spend but the boards were a necessity for my wife.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts