Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 Dark Cherry/Black. EX V6 Premiun Package and Interior Lighting Kit.
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had my Sorento EX V6 since March 28th.
So far only things I have done is get the front windows tinted (due to the crazy Washington nuts could not get them dark) which are not matching the other windows and are a lite tint.
Added a tow package and got electric brakes installed. Was like $700.

The ride is firm and solid which I like. I have noticed that when I am gentle with the gas peddle I get pretty good MPG. For city/rural driving I get 17.3 to 17.8 MPG. Not to bad.
Highway driving across state was like 23-24.8 mpg (Washington state has lots of hills and such if you didn't know.) .

There are 2 things that is 'slightly' annoying to me.
If you have not noticed, that wing of the seat is bigger near the console in the front seats. Make me feel like I am not sitting in the center of the seat and rather leaning in.
Also since I am 6' and my seat is usually all the way back, the leg room behind me is so small.
Small thing I would like to see is they add a audio alarm when you go to drive and your parking break is on. Could be audio and on the radio display have a red triangle with the explanation point in the middle flashing. Many times I forget and start to go and notice its not riding right. That small BREAK icon is to small.

I'm at 3600miles on it and enjoy the ride. My Sorento gets lots of looks too.

I am very happy to see all the progress KIA has made.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
agree in regards to the small break warning, it's always hidden behind the windshield wiper controls

i always miss it until i started turning left/right and notice when trying to accelerate it acts funny, that's when i know i forgot to release the parking breaks

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Small thing I would like to see is they add a audio alarm when you go to drive and your parking break is on. Could be audio and on the radio display have a red triangle with the explanation point in the middle flashing. Many times I forget and start to go and notice its not riding right. That small BREAK icon is to small.
That's funny because my EX does have an audible alarm for the parking brake which comes on when the vehicle is moving at speeds greater than 10 km/Hr

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 Dark Cherry/Black. EX V6 Premiun Package and Interior Lighting Kit.
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since I don't drive fast from parking might explain why I do not hear it.
Will give it a try today to see if it sounds off.
Also BB6886 does not hear it either.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Well since I don't drive fast from parking might explain why I do not hear it.
Will give it a try today to see if it sounds off.
Also BB6886 does not hear it either.
not exactly, rather my stereo is set to very high, so barely notice it, unless it happens to be playing a soft song.

i only heard the beep once when it was brand new and i was still adjusting to driving the Sorento

it was actually after that time, that i learned to pull out of the driver slowly to feel if the parking brakes has been released or not, without relaying on the warning light on the speedo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Completely agree about the front seats. Makes me feel like I am leaning in towards the console! Really wish there was a way to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts