Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Can I still wait until it hits 4,000 miles before I make my first oil & filter change?
Odds are, unless you are driving the Sorento in a "severe usage" mode, you can easily wait until 4k miles. I changed mine at 1k, but only because some mechanics recommend getting any leftovers from the engine assembly and engine break in out of the oil/filter.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I changed mine at 3500 miles. Now that I've got full synthetic in it, I'm going to use 5000 mile intervals.

Best,

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX-V6 Luxery, 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS
26 Posts
What do you mean by DIY?? just normal oil change right? jack up the car, put the support jack underneath, go under it and look for your oil filter and the oil drain plug and do your oil change like that. or I am missing something here??

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Oil changes on our sorentos are simple. The only reason why you need to jack them up is to remove the oil pan bolt to drain the oil. The rest can be done from the engine bay...the oil filter is right there beside the airbox. Super easy!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
576 Posts
The oil change sticker place by Kia in the upper left most portion of my windshield says 5w-20, 12xxx kms, Jan 2013. Should I wait for that mileage or should I follow the date?

My last oil change was last Sept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts