Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFTER 10 K, IT BECOMES A PIECE OF CRAP. THE WARRENTY IS NOT AS IT SEAMS, READ THE FINE PRINT. ALL MY SENSORS QUIT AFTER 80K WARRENTY I CAN'T KEEP HEAD LIGHTS, TIMING BELTS. THE SPEED SENSOR ON THE TRANSMISSION QUIT, ONE WOULD THINK THAT IT IS PART OF DRIVE TRAIN,NOT! IT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRANSMISSIONS. THE REAR BRAKES SQUEEL, THE AIR CONDITIONER IS LEAKING. THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD. IT IS JUNK, AND I WARN ALL MY FRIENDS NOT TO BUY. PRICE OF PARTS ARE OUTRAGEOUS.I.E. O2 SENSORS, 225.00 235.00, EMMISION CONVERTERS 750.00 AND IT HAS TWO. MY ADVICE IS DON'T BUY, IT WILL COST YOU MUCH MUCH MORE.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
45 Posts
It seems to me, you didn't lucky with this car... But you can't say this about all Optimas

It always happens with one or two customers

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Here we go again........
Not all Optimas are this way. Mine is a great car along with quite a few members on this site. I have two co-workers that also drive Optimas and they have had no issues with them either. Every make and model of vehicle will have its issues. I agree with RUS77 about you cant say that about all Optimas.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
Although I feel for you, I am offended by your blanket insult to the Kia brand by your comments. I know at least 4 Optima owners personally who have had little or no issues with their Kias. My Optima hasn't had one thing to complaint about and it is the best auto I have ever owned. I worked for Nissan Corp and believe me that every brand has a lemon here and there. I am sorry yours is a lemon and hope you make Kia work with you on the issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
714 Posts
One more thing... You mentioned about warranty after 80,000 miles not covering things. What 80k warranty? Didn't you have the 5 years60k basic warranty and then the 10 years/100k drive train warranty in the U.S.? Did you extend the 60k warranty with a dealer's optional warranty? Just wondering since you apparently have a lot of miles on your car.

My previous Camry costed me a lot of repairs out of warranty including a/c compressor twice, oxygen sensors once, timing belt once, most of exhaust and I did NOT consider the Camry a lemon. I don't go around insulting Toyotas.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
83 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by bjm@Nov 10 2005, 12:39 AM
wow!!! i better go sell my optima tomorrow before it completly falls apart...........oh, wait... no you are crazy. though that was a good way to start things off for you being new to this forum.............oh, wait... no your still crazy.
LMAO! Too funny bjm! Toooooo funny! :haha:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by Spec SX@Nov 9 2005, 07:35 PM
Here we go again........
Not all Optimas are this way. Mine is a great car along with quite a few members on this site. I have two co-workers that also drive Optimas and they have had no issues with them either. Every make and model of vehicle will have its issues. I agree with RUS77 about you cant say that about all Optimas.
Spec, man you know as well as the rest of that we're going to get these "I hate KIAS" dumb butts from time to time.. just ignore it and delete the topic.. it's a waste of my time as well as yours. Just as long as KIA/Hyundai are getting great reviews (AS they currently are) then we have NOTHING to worry about. And just as Schnauzer said, he knew FIRST hand that even the ALL MIGHTY NISSAN has bad apples form time to time.. oh and take this for example.. I did a random search for HONDA and check this out: The VERY EXPENSIVE Honda S2000 had recalls as well: s2000 Part Recalls

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Yet ANOTHER Toyota Recall:

Toyota to recall 1.27 million vehicles worldwide

Posted Oct 18, 2005, 4:30 PM ET by Erin Mays

After recalling the Prius for a software glitch last week, Toyota announced that it will be recalling an additional 1.27 million vehicles. While the recall won’t affect the United States (the problem is limited to right-hand drive cars and trucks only), the recall will still set Toyota back $128 million and affect 16 models, including the Corolla and RAV4. The vehicles in question may potentially suffer from headlight failure due to a faulty light switch.

Source: AUTOBLOG: AUTOBLOG

·
Registered
51 Posts
With the price you got your Optima, suggest you get yourself a Jap model and probably can you find out better what's really a crap. Sorry to have to say this.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Well point being.. is that KIAS are NOT the ONLY company that make "lemons"... Even the MOST respected companies such as Honda, Toyota and Nissan have "lemons" "recalls" etc.. Don't bash KIA just because you have a problem with YOUR car. PERIOD! :57:

·
Registered
714 Posts
In fact Honda just announced a day ago a recall on the 06 Civic. Thought you might like to see how many recalls per year Honda has had since 1973 and up to year 2006 by going to www.carsmart.com and you will see in some years Honda has had 4-6 recalls a model!!! Honda is definitely a quality company but it has the same problems all brands have -- human beings build them with the aid of man created robots!!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by Schnauzer@Nov 11 2005, 07:00 AM
In fact Honda just announced a day ago a recall on the 06 Civic. Though you might like to see how many recalls per year Honda has had since 1973 and up to year 2006 by going to www.carsmart.com and you will see in some years Honda has had 4-6 recalls a model!!! Honda is definitely a quality company but it has the same problems all brands have -- human beings build them with the aid of man created robots!!
Spoken (written) like a scholar! Well said (written)! :thumbsup:

OH btw, what will the 06 Civic be recalled for?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heard recently that one of the NIC countries sees the need of legislation to protect customers of "lemon" cars after some open disclosure of struggles with very poor quality Civic. Surprised?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Seems the newest Civic is having throttle linkage problems that can cause an accident if not corrected.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by Schnauzer@Nov 11 2005, 09:04 PM
Seems the newest Civic is having throttle linkage problems that can cause an accident if not corrected.
OH yeah.. and another thing that is VERY IMPORTANT.. ahh hem.. IT'S UGLY!!!!!!!!! UGLY I SAY!!! UG-AH-LEEEEE!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the misfortune to buy a 1967 Volvo (pre box) new. They were legeondayr for reliability. Turned out to be only the engine. They were also being compare to other European cars (most no longer in existance or sold in the US). Mine was terrible from the start and every dealer I took it to was terrible. I loved the way it drove, but met many others who felt the same way and had the same exact problems as I did. the earlier Optimas were not very good, but, as the others have pointed out, everyone makes a bad one now and then or a bad model, or run. I live in an area where there are no dealers within 1.5 hours, yet there are all kinds of Hyundais and Kias and griowing fast. Must be a reason. They are not thaat inexpensive to buy despite being lots of trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Acura even has it'ds own site on this. www.acurasucks.com

I actually thought it was a joke! LOL. :grin:

(I guess I better do that intro soon....)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts