Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tires for my Borrego. I bought them on tiredepot.com for $596 and also received a $75 visa gift card. That included shipping to my door. I spent another $60 on installing them and balancing and sold the old tires on Craigslist for $80. I cant say enough good about these tires. There Awesome in the snow and rain and have a aggressive tread with no HWY hum or noise. I have the 245 70 17 tires. I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on a Great Tire and Great price.

Steve69

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ditto - thanks for the report.

I am in the market for tires too (need 265-60-18 for my V8 limited 2WD though). I just bought a set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak DM- V1 snows for the winter here in upstate NY and can't say enough good about them. Even though our Borrego is only 2WD, these Blizzaks made up for it and we had no issues at all this winter.

The original Hankooks were about 2/3 done when I put the Blizzaks on, but due to an alignment issue that I didn't catch when I bought it (used) the right front was pretty much destroyed, so I will put a new summer set on here soon.

I have been looking at the Michelin Latitude Touring, but also have been considering the Coopers you just bought. I am glad a Borrego owner could give some input on them. I put a set of Coopers on my car (Ford Fusion) last summer and have been very impressed with them. I just need to be mindful of load rating also as I will be towing a 4800 lb camper this summer.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
Ditto - thanks for the report.

I am in the market for tires too (need 265-60-18 for my V8 limited 2WD though). I just bought a set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak DM- V1 snows for the winter here in upstate NY and can't say enough good about them. Even though our Borrego is only 2WD, these Blizzaks made up for it and we had no issues at all this winter.

The original Hankooks were about 2/3 done when I put the Blizzaks on, but due to an alignment issue that I didn't catch when I bought it (used) the right front was pretty much destroyed, so I will put a new summer set on here soon.

I have been looking at the Michelin Latitude Touring, but also have been considering the Coopers you just bought. I am glad a Borrego owner could give some input on them. I put a set of Coopers on my car (Ford Fusion) last summer and have been very impressed with them. I just need to be mindful of load rating also as I will be towing a 4800 lb camper this summer.
I have the EX V8 that also runs 265-60-18. My original Hankooks are getting close to the wear bars. I was consindering the Michelin Latitude until I researched the Firestone LE2 (replaces the LE and is a much better tire). I won't be getting them for a couple more months. They ranked first in class in the Tire Rack customer survey. Here are a couple of links:Tire Search Results
Consumer Survey Results By Category

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
I went with the Michelin latitude tour. I really like them but I don't notice a huge difference between them and the stock Hankooks. They are a little more quiet though. They have a 65,000 warranty. 265/60/18 from SAMs club. $778 OTD.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Final update from me - I ended up getting a a set of the Cooper Discover H/T Plus tires from the local KIA dealer. I choose the H/T Plus over the Michelin Latitude because of price (significantly less) and over the Discoverer A/T3 because I have a set of dedicated mounted snows (Bridgestone Blizzaks) and didn't need such an aggressive off-road tread for my summer tires. Another factor (for me) was load rating since I will be towing a 4800lb 23' camper. The H/T Plus has a better load rating than the A/T3

They look great on my Black Borrego Limited on the 18" chrome wheels. They seem nice and quiet so far - time will tell how they do MPG-wise (I believe I should see a slight improvement over the softer-compound and aggressive treaded Blizzaks I had on for the winter).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did they have any balance issues? I bought same ones last year...always had balance problems. Shop even ordered a new set. I have the same rims has you and theoOnly way was to road force them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did they have any balance issues? I bought same ones last year...always had balance problems. Shop even ordered a new set. I have the same rims has you and theoOnly way was to road force them.
None so far. Granted it has only been a week, but so far our set is riding smooth as silk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi too you all. I got a set of michelin latitude tour on the 12,12,2011, back set & front set on 5-31-2012 back set has 26,039 & down to the wear bar front has 18,840 & half gone, so what I am saying don't buy them. Well let you know what they will do for me for they are to last 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Tires for the Borrego

Just bought a set of Falken Ziex 912, 265/60R18 for out Borrego.
65,000 mileage warranty Much nicer riding than the stock Hankooks. $646.28 out the door @ Firestone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts