Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just got my new kia sorento few day ago, here in my country they come with the 2.4l mpi engine only. I am worried about the fuel consumption. I was playin with the cluster options and I found the trip and fuel consumption menu y I notice that this numbers can´t be ok.

I dont know much about liters/100 km or MPG, but i have been reading and i can tell that 24.4l / 100 is crazy. i have heard of similar suv making as much as 8 or 9L/100

Please correct me if I am wrong. Or might be a sensor mistake? Or because its new? Or I am just reading it wrong?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
what sorento it is? 2014?

as for 24.4/100 km that is a lot, but keep in mind that the car has only 222 km and what you read is very first tank. Plus, this reading could be your average on this tank what will change with time.

Do not worry for now.

IF after 3-5 full tanks you still getting 25l/100 km then something might need to be looked. Of course, you must learn how to drive it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what sorento it is? 2014?

as for 24.4/100 km that is a lot, but keep in mind that the car has only 222 km and what you read is very first tank. Plus, this reading could be your average on this tank what will change with time.

Do not worry for now.

IF after 3-5 full tanks you still getting 25l/100 km then something might need to be looked. Of course, you must learn how to drive it.
Mmm Yes its my first tank, that could explain it. Either way I will be monitoring and will let u know

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX
46 Posts
take it for a drive on the highway, and hold the button down to reset it, and see what your average on the highway will be at a constant speed. Also, I know when I first got mine, i would 'test' it a little more frequently, therefore the mpg would decrease quite a bit

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
If I'm reading your picture correctly, it looks like your suggested range is 380 km. If so, the computer must be working on a current comnsumption of much less than 24 litres/100 km.

Do as suggested and start with a full tank and reset the consumption meter. It should soon settle to a reasonable value and also give a realistic range estimate. Since it's a new car, go for a drive in the country and check the actual fuel consumption by filling up. Consumption meter may only be accurate to 5 or 10%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts