Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just got my new kia sorento few day ago, here in my country they come with the 2.4l mpi engine only. I am worried about the fuel consumption. I was playin with the cluster options and I found the trip and fuel consumption menu y I notice that this numbers can´t be ok.

I dont know much about liters/100 km or MPG, but i have been reading and i can tell that 24.4l / 100 is crazy. i have heard of similar suv making as much as 8 or 9L/100

Please correct me if I am wrong. Or might be a sensor mistake? Or because its new? Or I am just reading it wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX V6
1 Posts
i just took my 2014 LX V6 (us edition) on a 1,000 roundtrip, made over 28mpg on each of the 3 fillups - better then sticker, impressed me.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
i just took my 2014 LX V6 (us edition) on a 1,000 roundtrip, made over 28mpg on each of the 3 fillups - better then sticker, impressed me.
I am seeing the same thing (if not slightly higher) in my EX V6 AWD. Really surprise as the hwy mpg rating is only 24mpg. :) City only mileage is in the 15-16 mpg range. But I am still less than a 1000 miles, thus should get better.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Hey guys, i just got my new kia sorento few day ago, here in my country they come with the 2.4l mpi engine only. I am worried about the fuel consumption. I was playin with the cluster options and I found the trip and fuel consumption menu y I notice that this numbers can´t be ok.

I dont know much about liters/100 km or MPG, but i have been reading and i can tell that 24.4l / 100 is crazy. i have heard of similar suv making as much as 8 or 9L/100

Please correct me if I am wrong. Or might be a sensor mistake? Or because its new? Or I am just reading it wrong?
Is this in the city? We don't get the best mileage in the city, but its really good on the highway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts