Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING AS MUCH INFO ON THE NEW 2004 SPORTAGE, SAFETY TESTS, GAZ MILEAGE, AVAILABILITY OF PARTS, RUGGEDNESS OF ROAD, SUSPENSION DESIGN, RELIABILITY OF ITS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE WARRANTY OFFERED BY THE MANUFACTURER

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Welcome Stanley :) . Please don't use all caps in post as it is often considered shouting on the Internet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am looking at getting a Kia for my mom. She is older, short, and does not drive on the highway at all. So I thought a Kia Sportage would be perfect for her. Can anyone tell me about the Sportage? I've been trying to research the price for a new '04, but it shows the latest is '02 and the '05 is coming out, but there is no price on the '05 yet. Why did Kia stop making the Sportage in '02?? Has there been problems? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul, 2013 KIA Rio 5 Door
84 Posts
KIA had discontinued the Sportage because it just couldn't compete with comparable smaller SUV's at the time. It also wasn't as reliable and needed a lot of retooling. I know this post is old as crap, but what the hey, it's 12:40am and I'm up. The new Sportage is extremely nice, very reliable and has a heck of a warranty to boot. Plus you can't find a new vehicle in the same price point with all the features and rebates KIA offers.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage LX V6 4WD
28 Posts
That previous post was from 2004!!! That may be anew record for waiting for a response. LOL! 5 Years!

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2010 Kia Soul Exclaim!
11 Posts
Actually, I'll be in the market to buy a 2009/10 Sportage by January/February timeframe.

Since I already own a 2010 Kia Soul, and quite happy with my purchase (as is my wife...it's more her car than mine), I'd be interested in feedback from current owners.

Looking at 2WD/4cyl/AT version (don't have anything to tow) to buy.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Actually, I'll be in the market to buy a 2009/10 Sportage by January/February timeframe.

Since I already own a 2010 Kia Soul, and quite happy with my purchase (as is my wife...it's more her car than mine), I'd be interested in feedback from current owners.

Looking at 2WD/4cyl/AT version (don't have anything to tow) to buy.
Welcome to th forum SanDiegoJon! I bought a brand new Sportage EX 2.0 CRDi with 4WD and auto transmission in late 2007 and after using it for almost 2 years /30,000km I have to say that I have no complaints what so ever with it. Its a great vehicle and i can definitely recommend it!

Please look at the other threads and that will give you an idea of the vehicle. The following thread has some comments from other owners;

Sportage-1-000-mile-review.html

·
Registered
'02 Kia Spectra, '11 Sorento Dark Cherry EX AWD V6
83 Posts
New to the board and already own a kia.. and..

My gal and I own a 2002 Kia spectra and have had no probs on it (got it brand new not even 10 miles on the car with the plastic still in it). Bought it up in Yakima, WA and have been living in Las Vegas for over 3 years now. Only really have had 2 bills on it...

#1: had the brakes done this last spring for the 1st time since we bought it and cost me a little under 500.00 so that was my fault for not taking it in for a yearly check.

#2: some sensor that regulates the exhaust and puts a little of it back in the engine, which when failed will not let it pass any smog test which cost me a little over 500.00 (took it to a kia place last year with the same problem and i dont think they fixed it properly)

SOOO with our kia history done.. time to get a new vehicle (either 09 or 10 Sportage, depends if there is anything different between the 2). Also been looking at the Sorento too.

I plan on trading in my '93 GMC sonoma with alot of money down (i do well money wise here in Vegas), so looking around and i always do my homework.. and so far the Sportage is on top of our list (Hyundai Tuscon is #2 but i know that they are one in the same company and stat wise they are slmost the same). I cut out Nissan (ick), Honda, Mitsubishi, Gmc, Chevy from our list which leave Kia, Hyundai and Ford.

The one we are looking at is the EX 4x2 V6 with some added features (tow bar, cross bar) and would like to have the navigation (also if there is a plus to get the 4x4 which i dont think we really need in vegas).

Thing is what would be better, getting the nav with it, or getting a seperate system and have it installed or getting a stand alone (tom-tom etc etc) nav system for it?

I know my way around very well, but my gal dosent and it is mostly for her (would be great for trips when we go to Az/CA) but it is a 50/50 thing to get the nav with it... anyone here that has a sportage with the nav system shine a light or someone who added a nav to their's?

I really like alot of the interior small stuff that comes with the EX (I have a Zune HD and have yet to try it out on the sportage.. didnt have it with me the last time we went to the kia here in vegas) but the gal loves it (she wants Volcanic Red with black interior which is her fav colors) and she want a sun roof cause she has never owned a vehicle that has one.. which again is fine by me (other vehicles it cost extra for it i notice).

Have done alot of looking around on the web with vehicle comparisons etc etc and even though the sportage does devalue fast, we are not the type that needs a new vehicle every few years so that doesnt factor into my buying plan, nor does the gas milage per-say ( a few mpg difference really will not deter me from a vehicle if said vehilce has alot of extras on it for base cost). So we still have time too look and get as much info for buyin power (I am still interested in the ford escape, aka buy usa, but you just cant beat the kia/hyundai warrenty).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts