Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Rio
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’m new so bear with me I have a 2005 Kia Rio it has 170000 miles I have replaced the ignition coil and plugs even bought the connector to go in the ignition coil you know at the bottom anyways it still does the Same low power barely goes over 10 miles I might be lucky and get up to 20 miles any kind of help will do I have so much to tell y’all but I’m starting with this right now please help I just want to say ronjohn your awesome I’ve read your post please help me.... I mean I’ll take advice from anybody I just wanted to give a shout out to Ron John

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,608 Posts
Ok I’m new so bear with me I have a 2005 Kia Rio it has 170000 miles I have replaced the ignition coil and plugs even bought the connector to go in the ignition coil you know at the bottom anyways it still does the Same low power barely goes over 10 miles I might be lucky and get up to 20 miles any kind of help will do I have so much to tell y’all but I’m starting with this right now please help I just want to say ronjohn your awesome I’ve read your post please help me.... I mean I’ll take advice from anybody I just wanted to give a shout out to Ron John
What's the service history?

What oil and oil filter used and how often replaced?

When last was the timing belt changed?

Have you had the stored error codes read - if not get that done and post them here.

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
325 Posts
what he said... need more info, any check engine lights.

·
Registered
2003 Kia rio
3 Posts
ECU will take a crap in a Rio and give off these symptoms. There are multiple TSB for the ECU. They can be reprogrammed at a dealership, or get a used one they are plug and play. Have had to do this twice after watching people throw money and ideas at it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the question is... are auto and manual ECUs the same?

i never bothered to check my auto parts car when i stole it's engine for my green one.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,504 Posts
That many miles on it, might be time for a compression check or timing belt check/replacement.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good to know. In the past when I’ve done manual swaps or bigger engines in cars the wiring at the ecu can be a PITA. Especially Honda / mitsu. Was easier to replace the harness in the Honda and change the pinout on the mitsu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts