Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?????? SERIOUS problems w/ A/C

Have you had this problem?

I've got a brand new 2007 Rondo EX 7-passenger with the 4-cylinder so it has the manual A/C with 10,500 km on the clock.

THREE times the following has happened to me -
I get into the car and turn the key
The A/C starts up full blast with the A/c button pressed in
This happens by itself - I don't turn up the fan speed that high - and it happened on days I didn't use the A/C

Dealership experience was to be expected.
Dodge. Deny. Prevaricate. Obfuscate. Dissemble.
I realize they can't repair what they can't find.
But how is it mine's the only one that does this.

Any other Rondo owners with this problem?

Thank you.
Howard

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Not had mine long enough to develop any faults, yet!

Only conclusion I can think of is the middle control (where you want the air to go) is being knocked to "max a/c" which I did by accident on day 1 with the same results as you describe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting Thought But

no twiddling/rotating/adjusting of ANYTHING made the HVAC change.

I had to shut the car and restart it.

Then this possessed thing was OK.

But it has happened three times.

Howard

·
Registered
2007 Rondo EX Premium(4cyl.,7 seater)white , 2010 Dodge Journey SXT(3.5L/V6)(7 Seater)White
187 Posts
Torontorondo, this has happened to me once so far, but not with the A/C. I too, one day, sat and turned the car on with the fan on full blast. I checked all the contols and all were turned off. The only way to shut it off was to stop the engine. All was well once I started the engine again. I thought I was the only one with this problem. As I stated, it only happened once. I'll take it back to the dealer if it happens a second time. Please let us all know what the outcome was if you decide to take your Rondo back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2007 Rondo LX I4 5p
201 Posts
Last night I encountered a strange problem. I left a friend's house and started my car. As soon as I did, the HVAC fan went right up to high speed. The recirculation light was on, too. I always make sure that when I turn the car off, the HVAC control is always off. No matter what I did, the system would not respond. By the time I got going a few miles down the road, the heat was blasting. I pulled over and turned the engine off and back on and it is still malfunctioning. I just tried it this morning and no change. It is all electronic so hopefully the dealer can do something easy to fix this. It is definitely annoying!

·
Registered
Kia Rondo 5-Seater EX V6 Urban Grey
21 Posts
It also append to me few weeks a go. I turn off/on the engine and the problem was gone.

Philippe

·
Registered
2007 Rondo LX V6, Urban Gray
11 Posts
I had a similar incident a while back. Mine was temporary. When I realized I couldn't control the fan speed at all I turned off the engine and restarted it. Everything was fine after restarting and it has not happened again.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo 5 seat EX I4
109 Posts
I had this happen to me several months ago. I had read on this forum about turning off the engine and restarting and it worked fine. It has never happened again. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rondo EX 5 Brown Moka
14 Posts
My wife take a ride tonight and come back at house and she explain me a similar problem. Before to come inside the house she turn off the engine and when I go outside to check the heating fan problem, I start the engine and no problem appear. Exactly like you. Do you know if the Kia dealer know this problem and if they can solve it.

·
Registered
2007 Rondo LX I4 5p
201 Posts
Mine has since gone back to operating normally, like everyone else who has shared the same problem. I have not been able to set a time to go in to the dealer but I will hopefully next week. I have a list going of things I want looked at and I have this issue added. I have a feeling they will not be able to do anything if it is not happening in front of them but I will still advise them of the quirk.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rondo EX 5 Brown Moka
14 Posts
I call to my Kia dealer (Granby QC) and the service manager said to me that this the first time somebody report that problem on a Rondo. He told me that he will check with Kia Canada for that problem that I reported him.

·
Registered
2016 AWD Sorrento LX
20 Posts
Had this happen on a rental Rondo, exact symptoms and engine re-start made it go away. happened only once.

·
Registered
2019 SORENTO LX AWD 2.4L , 2017 Honda Fit LX CVT
33 Posts
Happened to me this morning

Hello -

I started my 2008 EX V6 (4300 miles this morning and thought it was funny that I had left the fan on high speed. I began driving and went to turn the fan down and it was already turned all the way down. I turned the know a number of times to each direction, but the fan spped styaed constant/ I then noticed that it was warm/hot air that was blowing through the defroster vents. I tried to adjust the temp, but no matter where I set it the air temp was warm/hot. I turned the mode knob to every mode including off, but the hot air kept coming out of the defroster vents. The AC button was lit. I pushed it and it stayed lit. The recirculate button was unlit, I pushed it and it stayed unlit. The defroster button was unlit. I was able to push it and turn it on and then off. Anyway, I got to work and shut the car off. I started it back up and eveything seemed to be working fine again. Hopefully the issue does not come back. I'll run it by the service folks at our local dealer the next time I am in their area.

thanks
trdsdd

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
355 Posts
I had exactly the same problem this morning and it went away when I re-started the engine. :huh:

·
Registered
07 rondo ex-v6 7seat, leather,sunroof.infinity 10 spkr audio,09 honda fit sport 5sp.
125 Posts
Hello -

I started my 2008 EX V6 (4300 miles this morning and thought it was funny that I had left the fan on high speed. I began driving and went to turn the fan down and it was already turned all the way down. I turned the know a number of times to each direction, but the fan spped styaed constant/ I then noticed that it was warm/hot air that was blowing through the defroster vents. I tried to adjust the temp, but no matter where I set it the air temp was warm/hot. I turned the mode knob to every mode including off, but the hot air kept coming out of the defroster vents. The AC button was lit. I pushed it and it stayed lit. The recirculate button was unlit, I pushed it and it stayed unlit. The defroster button was unlit. I was able to push it and turn it on and then off. Anyway, I got to work and shut the car off. I started it back up and eveything seemed to be working fine again. Hopefully the issue does not come back. I'll run it by the service folks at our local dealer the next time I am in their area.

thanks
trdsdd
ive had this happen to my rondo also,the month i bought it 3/07.only happened once.it seems to happen to every rondo!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2007 Rondo LX V6 7-seater
37 Posts
I guess I should pile on and say it happened to me once. I turned off and recranked to get the problem to reset and was successful.

·
Registered
2019 SORENTO LX AWD 2.4L , 2017 Honda Fit LX CVT
33 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm going to hope that it was a one time thing like it has been for others that had the same thing happen.

peace
trdsdd

1 - 20 of 40 Posts