Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sedona LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody!

I am the new owner of a 2005 Kia Sedona. It is a significantly high-mileage vehicle (175,600 miles) but I trust that this will be a reliable vehicle.
It is an LX, with the 3.5 liter V6.
I live in the Dallas area, and me and my family have really enjoyed this car.
It has a white exterior with a beige interior.
It isn't drop-dead gorgeous, but it is respectably well-built, and is generally a good looker for a minivan.
I look forward to using this forum!

Thanks,

Mr.Sedona

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,967 Posts
hello and welcome aboard from southern calif and i have lots of family all over Texas and ya got to love them Aggies!

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Yikes! if 175,000 miles is high mileage....what would you consider my two 2006 Sedonas with 194,000 and 231,000 miles?? Haha. I have the 3.8L engine in both of those though, which is an entirely different design, so don't go off my mileage for a reliability reference. As long as you keep the timing belt changed, the 3.5L is a pretty bulletproof engine. Anyway, welcome...hope you can take away plenty of useful information from the site.

·
Registered
2005 Sedona LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I thought it was high for a minivan, but I guess for a Sedona, it's not :)
I've never had this many miles on a minivan, but I've definitely been there in terms of mileage with my own cars.
My highest miler was a 230,000 Honda Accord,
and my current driver has about 180,000.
Excited about the adventures me and my Sedona will have!

-mr.sedona

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,936 Posts
Do as Greg says....If you don't know the mileage/time the belt was last replaced (it should coming up on it's THIRD replacement...(every 60k miles).
If you don't know it's history...by all means REPLACE the timing belt...
This is the KILLER of KIA engines. Your Seldona will thank you for that.
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Sedona LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mechanic just called me, and told me that I needed to replace the timing belt.
I was wondering what the funny sound coming from the engine was.
I'm going to fix that ASAP.
Thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts