Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
8 Posts
My 2005 Kia Sorento LX is bone stock - standard radio and (the brochure says) 8 speakers. I dunno, I can only find 6. Four in the doors and two tweeters in the door frames of the front doors up high.

I love my Sorento - let's get that over with first. But - the stock stereo is awful.

This is just my opinion, but I traded in a 1996 Chevy Lumina sedan with a bone stock AM/FM stereo radio that sounded better. And I am not an audiophile by any means, nor do I listen to the thumpa-thumpa music with the bass shaking my fillings loose. I just like decent (country and alternative rock) music on my radio while I drive along - the occasional CD on a road trip. The Kia stock system is horrible beyond belief.

I am planning to replace the door speakers first - I pulled the cover off the driver's side front door speaker and found a 5 1/4 inch round speaker with a blue cone and three screws in a triangular pattern (never saw that before, usually four screws). I am looking at www.crutchfield.com to see if there is some reasonable replacement for the speakers that sound somewhat better. Hopefully the problem is the speakers and not the head unit. But I'll replace that too if I must.

If I do replace the head unit, I'll be sure the new one has MP3 capability, but other than that, I'm pretty easy. Don't need 10,000 watts or flashing lights or a disco-dancing reverb or whatever.

Any advice? Anyone experience anything similar? Suggestions welcome!

Best,

Wiggy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.