Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
608 Posts
I remember reading an article in a magazine a few years ago that talked about a new research and development facility that Kia was putting together stricktly for their audio. I remember being pretty impressed because the article said their new facility was more expensive and technical than any other car manufacture in the world. Several years later there is a huge improvement in the factory systems. My Sorento system is stock except for the sub, but I'm still pretty satisfied with it.

This is coming from a guy who owns a vehicle with 5K (parts, not labor) into a sound system built for sound quality. I know my s**t.

· Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
608 Posts
Ya, the head unit should be switched out. Factory head units don't put out enough watts; usually around the 15W range. My Sorento has an amp, which is why I am happier with mine than you are with yours.

I forget who worked with Kia on the speakers, but I remember it is a name brand company. JBL maybe?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.