Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had some frost up here in canada recently and I decided to see how my Sorento would act if I tried to get the sideways on some frosty grass.

I want to see how this system works before the real bad snow hits. I tried it with Traction Control both on and off. When it was on, it was very easy to control. With it off, I was able to spin all four wheels but couldnt get it to go sideways.

It started to go sideways, but i heard and felt the ABS system correct it and straighten it out. This even happened with the Traction control off.

I tried holding the button to disable to Stability control (Like Daimler Chrysler vehicles) but to no avail.

I like to have some fun in the winter around the turns in the open road. It would be dissapointing to find out that you can only turn the Traction Control off and not SC. I do understand that it is there to keep me safe!

Is this true? Or is there another way? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Thats the way it works. Only the traction control is disabled. The ABS and stability control still work.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks! Oh well. No fun for me :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just disable it by hitting the button!

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
I don't know about the Sorento/Santa Fe, but I know that the Tucson has a relay marked E.S.S. (Elect. Stab. System) in the relay box on the drivers side fender that when removed, permanently disables the Electronic stability control. Then your vehicle is like a normal vehicle without the "electronic nannies!" Plus, even if you turn it off manually, each time it comes on by default, I think it sneakily still works somewhat all the time in the background.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts