Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2012 Kia Sportage EX about 6 months ago and I am not sure if this is a problem or I am going crazy.

My wife and I were on a roadtrip the past 2 weeks and I noticed there is no way to turn the a/c or heat off.

I have the fans on 0 and I can still feel it blowing hot or cold. I tried every variable but nothing would stop the blower.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is this calling for a Kia Service Appointment?

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
I have the fans on 0 and I can still feel it blowing hot or cold. I tried every variable but nothing would stop the blower.
One question - was it while driving or when parked?

If parked - talk to KIA
When driving - follow SlovaKIA

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
It's the "fresh air" system I assume. Even when my SX air/heat is off (dual zone climate control model) it still trickles in air through the cabin filter from the outside. May be wrong, but search for that in your manual.

Again, even when off, my system can still shuffle vent positions via button and the "fresh air" trickles in from chosen vent.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
On second thought, I think it's called "clean air" system. It says that in mine right below the dual zone climate control panel/buttons...

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
On second thought, I think it's called "clean air" system. It says that in mine right below the dual zone climate control panel/buttons...
correct, even in "circulate mode" fresh air is being blown from far side vents.
However, in max A/C with circulate you do not get any air from outside.

And my personal thoughts: why would one want to completely shut down air flow? In this case - adjust temperature to comfortable level and leave it that way.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
170 Posts
I am wondering if even if the blower is on with the AC off if this is a negative drag on MPG? I seem to have seen this phenomenon happen when I first owned the Sportage EX on my first few tanks of gas and seeing the MPG on the trip computer rise from AC off - blower on to AC off - blower off.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,772 Posts
Lol..............

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,708 Posts
i turn my air and heat off but one of my switches won't go off

the buttons that turn green one won't go off
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
North Carolina , USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts