Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have this Pride 1999 model. It runs fine. But I am having electrical problems with it. It all started with Cig. Lighter. It stoped working, fuse were OK. Then Temp. Guage needle going past the max. then Fuel needle also past the max. The Fog light stoped working and now in the left hand Head Light, both the ELEMENTS of the bulb light, and light is not bright as it should.

I took out the Fuel Float assembly and checked it, it is working fine. The Thermostat is also fine. I do not know if all these are directly wired or through some relay or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage 1.7CRDi 2WD ISG 4
497 Posts
To prove it is an 'earthing fault' just make a temporary earth from one of your lights to ground.

All should be well again.

All you will need to do is find the 'bad earth' and sort that.

·
Registered
FIAT 125 ,FIAT UNO
2 Posts
Hi I have this same problem with Temp. Guage needle going past the max. then Fuel needle also past the max but al lights are ok. wath I can do .
mayby I should make a temporary earth from my gauge panel ?

·
Registered
2014 Sportage 1.7CRDi 2WD ISG 4
497 Posts
Hi I have this same problem with Temp. Guage needle going past the max. then Fuel needle also past the max but al lights are ok. wath I can do .
mayby I should make a temporary earth from my gauge panel ?
This doesn't sound like an earthing fault (I could be wrong), more like a voltage regulator.

It may be worth getting an auto electrician to test it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a similar problem..my kia pride wont start..rear light, horn, dashboard lights wont turn on..but the head lights still works...when i tried to start the car..nothing happens..not even a single sound..its like dead or something..checked the battery and it's fine..

·
Registered
toyota Lite ace GXL 1995 gas, Kia Sportage 1996 R2 diesel Engine; Kia pride 1998 GTX B3 gas
14 Posts
check your engine bay wires. located near the ignition coil and bolted near the inner side of the fender is a wire terminal that needs to be "jumper wired" for power to flow. there are 2 jumper wires. original colors are red and brown. test those jumper wires if still okay and clean the terminals before re-installing.

those wires gets corroded over time and will not make the connections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts