Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

Wondering if there's any other way to tighten the belts on my spectra other than the jack screw located on the alternator bracket. It's pretty rusted out and the bolt won't turn. Is there some other tensioner pulley I can adjust to increase belt tension? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
[attachmentid=841]No, the only way to tightned the belts is to use the adjustment screw, make sure you loosen the other to bolts on the brakets first before that screw will move. Spray it with some penetrating oil first and let it sit for about an hour, then try. It should turn nice and easy. The illustration above shows the braket with the pump removed so you can see all the bolts. Let me know if I can help anymore.

Christian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
Loosen the bolt the goes through the alt tensioner. then lossen the long tensioner bolt.

there is a 14mm bolt under the alt. that might not be tight. push back on the alt to make sure its back all the way it can go. and the alt moved backwards towards the firewall which in turn tightenes the belt. Many ppl dont make sure the alt is pushed all the way back then tighten that lower bolt. then tighten the top 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts