Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i've got some free time on my hands and i need to replace my transmission. Does anybody have a guide or a link to a walk through.

And yes, I understand that this is one of the harder tasks. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts
The transmission can be split from the engine in the car but it is a task.. The linkage, wiring and CV Shafts have to be removed and the engine supported during this time

kiatechinfo.com should have a R/R procedure on the site...
To gain access here's the proper way....

You need to be running
Microsoft Windows(XP/Vista/7) and
Internet Explorer (Ver7 or higher) and have
downloaded and installed Adobe SVG (scaled vector graphics) module to gain full
access to the site.

There is a moderate learning curve on this site and things are not where you
might "logically" think they should be.

If you are using IE8 or IE9 you may have to use Microsoft's "compatibility" mode
to force IE to pretend it is an older version. My wife's job required this as
she couldn't click on buttons and complete forms.

Firefox/Safari/Chrome will NOT work. Apple and Linux Operating Systems also will cause problems. This site requires Windows/EI/ and Adobe SVG...Nothing else works properly.
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
its actually easy to replace an auto trans on the spectra. i did mines in apr of this year. with me i ended taking the whole trans and engine when i replaced the trans and tourqe converter.and the prices on the spectra's engine and trans are very cheap compare to other cars that is why im keeping my spectra5 forever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts