Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone already remove/replace abs sensor on the rear wheels? There is one screw and I removed it! But there has to be something more holding it together... :(
Please help me on this one!! thank you!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,083 Posts
this is not safe it will compramise the integrity of your braking system. if you removed it becasue your abs light was on you should fix it not neglect or remove it. the braking system is different if you have abs and cannot function properly without it. sure you can brake now but its not braking at 100% of its ability and who knows someday it might not brake at all...
Brakes are very important.
Dont do it. just get it fixed.

I just watched a car show about abs brakes........ if you do this it could cause unwanted problems......... not to mention maybe a crash..
also
if you did this to shut the light off, the light will still be there..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I totally forgot I sent this post... however ,

I unscrewed it when I wanted to remove that sensor for cleaning! I didn`t manage to take it off, so I put the screw back in. Don`t worry :p

I know how dangerous can it be, if the ABS system doesnt work properly... Fortunately that system includes lots of security (safety) checks and loops, so there is no reason to be anxious about its effect. It works properly, or it doesnt work at all!

I am still wondering how to put the sensor off... I think I am not getting any answer on it, but it`s worth to give it a try :p

Anyways, which computer book (on cd, dvd) is the best for you folks? I need good technical manuals for my shuma (sephia) `98 and I really cant find any good one :( I got the latest AUTODATA, but there is not much about sephias...

thank you! bye bye

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,083 Posts
Fortunately that system includes lots of security (safety) checks and loops, so there is no reason to be anxious about its effect. It works properly, or it doesnt work at all!
not right... the brakes will still function if the abs is malfunctioning...... just wont brake properly..... its not a matter of work or not work it will still work if there is a malfunction just not as good..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that if there was sth wrong with sensor, it would turn on a warning light... and it DID happen... My abs warning light is ON! My mechanic said the rear left sensor is damaged, and that is the problem. I thought that it was dirty or sth, but I dont believe it is since I checked it with OHM-meter and it says that the sensor is in a short-circuit (should be around 1kOHM).

Anyways, I know that the brakes will still function if the abs is malfunctioning... I ment that the ABS system works perfect or does not work at all... wasnt ment for the whole braking system :) (otherwise I would have already been dead by now :))

[excuse my english... :) cause I know many of my sentances are wrong...]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts