Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
its a bit tricky and the owners manual doesn't have great detail on how to get to them (it appears your Canadian manual doesn't even have a page for it!) but where the front wheels are, theres a plastic plate behind where the foglamps are. You have to remove 2 screws under the front bumper which gives you access to the housing.

Photos now attached!
it's that plate with 2 screws as you can see in the first image
second image shows where it is under the front bumper. same for both sides of the car!

to remove the lamps, you'll have to twist the housing until the wire is vertical and the bulb should pop right out then

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
those are the screws in the first pic, I don't know why Kia made it like that. Also, be careful with the plastic trim because it doesn't fully come off, you'll have to bend it a bit. Be patient though, because I got frustrated and it took me far longer than what it should have to access and refit the bulbs!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX+
23 Posts
have fun on the drivers side fog light :) I switched the factory bulbs to yellow HID's for the fogs. Passenger side is a breeze, but the drivers side you MAY have to take out the whole intake assembly. Thats what I had to do and I'm a pretty skinny fella haha.
Any questions let me know!

·
Registered
126 Posts
have fun on the drivers side fog light :) I switched the factory bulbs to yellow HID's for the fogs. Passenger side is a breeze, but the drivers side you MAY have to take out the whole intake assembly. Thats what I had to do and I'm a pretty skinny fella haha.
Any questions let me know!
did you do it with the car jacked up or not? I found it was easier with the car jacked up a little (used the jack supplied where my spare tyre is) but I didn't need to go to that extreme..
as long as you have light to see what you're doing, its easy... also try turning the steering wheel right slightly so there's more clearance between the plastic guard and the tyre.

but I didn't disassemble anything apart from the screws which the manual told me to..

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to the passanger side but my LED i bought just was to weak even if its just for looks.. 1w LED did not cut it .. so I will be moving to the 5w CREE and 12 LED around to give it some more pop.. Def wish I put it up on a jack or ramps.. it was HARD hahah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts