Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got a 5" tach made by maximun speed that i am also selling but i wanna hook it up on my car right now to see if it works. i know in hondas i can use a pin on the back of the gauge cluster and power it fromthe fuse box. just wondering can i do the same with my kia and which pin do i use or screw?

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you wanna buy it for ur spectra 5 speed or auto go to ebay.com and look for maximun performance 5" tech with led shiftlight

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
i recently got a 5" tach made by maximun speed that i am also selling but i wanna hook it up on my car right now to see if it works. i know in hondas i can use a pin on the back of the gauge cluster and power it fromthe fuse box. just wondering can i do the same with my kia and which pin do i use or screw?

Thanks
I see no reason why you can't. I used to have an aftermarket Tach in my Sephia. I recall it being a blue wire, but I can't be sure about that now. If you go to the kia tech site, you can get the wiring schematic and just tap into the same wire that would feed to the factory tach in the cluster.
http://www.kiatechinfo.com/index.asp (from Internet Explorer! or it won't work... free to register if you have not already)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see no reason why you can't. I used to have an aftermarket Tach in my Sephia. I recall it being a blue wire, but I can't be sure about that now. If you go to the kia tech site, you can get the wiring schematic and just tap into the same wire that would feed to the factory tach in the cluster.
http://www.kiatechinfo.com/index.asp (from Internet Explorer! or it won't work... free to register if you have not already)
that website dont work for me. i use internet explorer9 and firefox the lastest version and it still dont work for me.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Try the "compatability" button in IE9 that forces it to work like IE8.
It is located on the top bar.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts