Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kia Picanto Ex 1.1 is 2005 model, I buy this car because the fuel consumption was supposed to be around 18 KM/Lt., but I'm getting only 12 Km/Lt. Please any information will be helpfull....thanks..

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hi Marcelo,

Sorry to hear about your Pica and its lousy performance... but let me tell you a secret, many Picanto owners experience exactly the same for the first 5 - 10,000 km.

Mine drove between 15 - 20 km/litres until it had clocked 10,000 km. Never tried this phenomenon before but it seems to be a general thing about the Picanto.

Today, I can perform an average of 22 km/litre.

It depends on your driving pattern, too. Do you drive with A/C on all the time? Do you ride with wide 16" tires? All of these things matter when coming to fuel consumption.

My best advice is to have some patience - meanwhile you can enjoy your new car (and your weekend) :57:

Cheers,
Kneeler

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
4 Posts
:57: normally the 12km/ltr is due to the fact that your car is brand new, wait till you have travelled 15000kms or more. also take into consideration the wheel size/inflation and the 18km/ltr claim is without A/C. happy driving

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kneeler,

My picanto have now more than 13000 Km, and there was no improvement, but I will have patience until 15000Km and see what happens....!!. But I have a question..?

I want to know the grade of the fuel you are putting inside your picanto (octane), your perfomance of 22Km/L is amazing... :clap:

Also, I want you to know that my tires are the factory installed, and I always check the tire pressure...

When driving with the A/C on all the time, my picanto makes around 10km/L.

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Marcelo

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hey Marcelo,

Sorry for having you waiting. You may not believe me but I consequently use 92 octane for both of my cars.

I read somewhere that low octane means low combustion, meaning low power. This again, means low consumption, unless you drive like mad :p

My experience is exactly that when using 95 octane I drive 18 - 20 km/l but when using 92 octane I can achieve an average of 22 km/l.

Something else is your driving pattern. I'm so lucky to live in a rural area meaning 30 km each way to work. 15 km with 80 km/h speed limit, 15 km with 110 km/h speed limit on high way. In practice this means speeds of 95 km/h respectively 125 km/h.

I've noticed that highway cruising makes the Pica thirsty. I believe it's due to its not very aerodynamic design :57:

Sorry I can't give you more specific details. This topic has been here as long as I remember. I can recall a member performing 23.75 km/l!

Enjoy your weekend

Kneeler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts