Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I bought a 2014 Kia Sorento LX, 4 cylinder (in Canada). I can not get the basic voice commands working like "Help", "FM 1", etc. I believe the microphone is disabled. It does not understand what I say. Also, When placing phone call, I can hear the party very good. But the other end, they don't hear me at all. Again this is why I believe that the microphone is not enabled Please help. How do I enable the microphone? Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, to actually use the basic voice commands like saying "Help" or "FM1", do I need a bluetooth compartible cell phone for this to work? Anyhow, I will probably be making a trip back to the delaer to check this out.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
You said you have a Canadian Sorento LX. For this trim, there is no UVO system and then no voice recognition, so no voice command for radio or others. This is not related to your microphone or phone Bluetooth or not.

For your phone, do you hear your the other party through the car speaker or your phone. Is the Bluetooth phone function is activated and your phone paired with the car ? If yes, did you activate all Bluetooth function on your phone like microphone, contacts and others ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am able to hear the other person through the car speakers.
Yes, i have paired my phone with the car and it automatically downloaded the contacts on my phone as well as the history. i don't know how to activate the mic.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
What kind of phone you have ? Have you tried to remove your paired phone and to pair it again ?

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX AWD 2013 Sportage LX
2 Posts
I have a 2014 LX Sorento and it has voice recognition, without UVO....Mine works fine... Have you tried taking it to the dealership?

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX+ V6 / 2018 Forte 5 LX
58 Posts
Voice commands work in the canadian non UVO models. It does in mine. Sounds like you might need to have the dealer fix the mic. As far as I know it doesn't have an enable/disable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts