Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we just purchased our second Kia, a new 2019 Nero, and I am scouring the internet to find out how to disable the Auto Unlocking of the doors when the engine is shut off or put in park. This feature is very unsafe as anyone can enter when the car is stopped.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV Premium
2 Posts
Hi Juliev, You didn't say what version you have of the 2019 Niro, but my Niro EV has an item under "User Settings" in the menu system for "Doors". Under that, you can set the auto door lock feature to be disabled. Here is a link to the Kia online Manual regarding the user settings. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,358 Posts
Hello, we just purchased our second Kia, a new 2019 Nero, and I am scouring the internet to find out how to disable the Auto Unlocking of the doors when the engine is shut off or put in park. This feature is very unsafe as anyone can enter when the car is stopped.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Juliev, You didn't say what version you have of the 2019 Niro, but my Niro EV has an item under "User Settings" in the menu system for "Doors". Under that, you can set the auto door lock feature to be disabled. Here is a link to the Kia online Manual regarding the user settings. Good luck!
Mine is an LX and I can not find any of those settings on my menu at all. I have pushed every buttons and checked every icon.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EX Premium
8 Posts
Look at your streering wheel. the icon in the top left of that circle (picture below) will change the display in the center of your gauge cluster behind the steering wheel. The last option is the settings that Harvey mentioned. You can find the options there. Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is an LX and I can not find any of those settings on my menu at all. I have pushed every buttons and checked every icon.
Look at your streering wheel. the icon in the top left of that circle (picture below) will change the display in the center of your gauge cluster behind the steering wheel. The last option is the settings that Harvey mentioned. You can find the options there. Good Luck

Holy smokes! I have googled and read and spent hours trying to figure this out and you guys ROCK! Thank you sooooooo much. There is nothing that I could find even in the owners manual on this. It’s kind of sad that I had to bother you all just for something so simple! Thank you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts