Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has debadged there Rio. I was wondering if the badges were all just held on by tape and if so, how to go about removing them. Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Really easy. Mine came off like butter. No pins or anything like that. Held just by 3M tape. If you let the car sit in the sun they come off really easy. Use fishing line, back and forth and it will cut right through the tape. Once off, just peel the remaining tape off. Mine came off easily. After that, just apply some Goo Gone, if needed. I did use Goo Gone on mine and it left it nice and clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good to hear that its only tape holding the badges on. I will try debadging this weekend. Thank you for the help. I like the clean look. I also like the Kia emblems you replaced, looks nice.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Really? That easy? That would be great news!

However, I've read elsewhere on this forum that both the front and rear are somewhat a pain to remove. Apparently the front has pins that need to be broken off and the rear assembly (if you have the camera) has to be removed and taken apart. Neither job is truly difficult - but still, more than just heat and fishing line.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Maybe I did not understand. I thought the question was about removing the letters in the back. If the question was about the emblems, then yes, that's more of a pain.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
At work we use what is called a magic stick to remove the badges. It is nothing more than a small putty style knife made of a semi soft plastic. It won't scratch the paint at all. Just wedge something similar underneath and lightly pry of the badge. CRC cleaner dissolves the residue from the sticky tape or goo gone.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
There are some very good photos and advice in other threads but i can definately say that i had a LOT of trouble with the back badge until i used a fantastic piece of advice from another member and heated it up with a hairdrier. It was dead easy then. Do allow yourself an hour or two to get it done though :D

·
Registered
2011 kia rio 5speed 4door
2 Posts
I debadged mine u just heat it up with a hair dryer and u can peel it off easily I also used the hair dryer to take off a pinstripe that was down the side of the car that's the best way to get any decales or anything with adhesive off of the car without damaging the paint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts