Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
838 Posts
Try this product. Works great! Highly recommended!

Reactions: ron1004

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
478 Posts
Fuel additives won't clean carbon off valves if your Sportage has a direct injection engine. because the unburnt fuel never touches the valves. For DI you will need to have a shop do a valve cleaning service.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,953 Posts
I saw on YouTube about crc valves cleaner.did work?
See below:
Fuel additives won't clean carbon off valves if your Sportage has a direct injection engine. because the unburnt fuel never touches the valves. For DI you will need to have a shop do a valve cleaning service.
We can't comment on a YouTube video without seeing it - post a link to it.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,953 Posts
That video shows the product being injected directly into the intake manifold, which is the only way to get any product to touch the back of the fouled valves.

There's mixed reports regarding the effectiveness of this, but no harm in trying, otherwise you'll need to follow tom93r1 advice.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
478 Posts
Brake booster line probably isn't going to get the most even coverage of all the valves. If you try a product like that I think getting it in to the intake before the throttle body is going to produce a better result.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento AWD V6 EX-Sangria with stone beige leather
51 Posts
My current Kia is the third vehicle I have had with GDI. I put 75K on one, 65K on one and 18K on my current one. I never did anything other than put good gas in them and I had no issues at all.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
838 Posts
Hey guys, your forgetting about valve overlap as a function of the cam grind and centerline.

·
Super Moderator
10,953 Posts
Hey guys, your forgetting about valve overlap as a function of the cam grind and centerline.
And the VVT used in place of the EGR valves.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage lx
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi.a month ago i bought used 2017 Kia Sportage lx.i notice when engine is off antifreeze level go to minimum and when engine is on go to maximum.i called Kia sevice she told me is normal for Kia cars?

·
Super Moderator
10,953 Posts
Hi.a month ago i bought used 2017 Kia Sportage lx.i notice when engine is off antifreeze level go to minimum and when engine is on go to maximum.i called Kia sevice she told me is normal for Kia cars?
Don't know how that is related to carbon buildup on the valves.

Yes, that is normal - thermal expansion.

·
Super Moderator
10,953 Posts
Did you appreciate all the above suggestions on cleaning carbon buildup off your valves?

·
Super Moderator
10,953 Posts
Thanks for all your comments are useful and informative
You're welcome.

So your car running much better with the cleaned valves?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts