Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportage 2007, burned out park light in the left headlight housing. That bulb is at the extreme upper outer edge of the housing and it's quite a cramped area in there, what with a hose that's in the way. Am I correct to think I'd have to remove the whole housing to get to the bulb? Also, what kind of bulb to get? I'd like to buy the bulb first before I do any disassembly.

·
Registered
2009 Sportage LX V6 4WD, 2011 Mack GU813 405M
62 Posts
No responses?

My 2009 has similar bulbs directly underneath the headlight bulbs and the passenger side has burned out. Would love some input, as i am sick of taking it to the dealer for remedial things for fear of breaking something and screwing the warranty

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD 2.0L.
28 Posts
Front turn signal / position light bulb replacement

Its described in the drivers manual. I've done my twice...both sides.
I'll try to explain...(it would be better if I had pictures). Will sound complicated but its very easy.

Disclamer - I am not responsible if you damage your vehicle. Please practice safe procedures for vehicle maintenance.

1. Open the hood and loosen the (black plastic) fastener(s) on the radiator grill cover (Usually I remove 3 of them to gain access).

2. Remove the mounting bar by pulling up (This is essentially a metal pin. First time around use flashlight to locate it. Pull straight up, it may give some resistance) after raising the radiator grill cover and loosen the retaining bolts.

3. Disconnect the headlight harness from the headlight assembly by pushing down on the tab (usually on the side). (Then) Remove the headlight assembly from the body of the vehicle.

4. Remove the socket from the assembly by turning the socket counterclockwise until the tabs on the socket align with the slots on the assembly.

5. Remove the bulb from the socket by pressing it in and rotating it until the tabs on the bulb align with the slots in the socket. Pull the bulb out of the socket.

6. Insert a new bulb by inserting it into the socket and rotating it until it locks into place.

7. Install the socket in the assembly by aligning the tabs on the socket with the slots in the assembly. Insert the socket into the assembly and turn the socket clockwise.

7. Re-connect the headlight harness to the headlight assembly. Re-install the headlight assembly to the body of the vehicle. Re-install the mounting bar/metal pin (If it is not properly aligned you will not be able to push the bar/pin down... Take your time...you will get it). Re-install the retaining bolts. Re-install the (black plastic) fastener(s) on the radiator grill cover.

---------------------------
Bulbs I like to use in my vehicle...2006 KIA Sportage

High & low beam headlamp
Philips 9003 (HB2) CrystalVision Ultra 4000K Halogen Bulbs

Parking light
168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front turn signal
1156A
1156ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
You can do it without removing anything. Done twice. You will need a small hand, or very flexable, but is 100% do able.
Put mine in in 2 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts