Kia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
This sounds to me that the Sorento has some version of a BUs system that can interact with an external computer. Just very similar to what VW/Audi has.
I wonder if there is something like a VAG-Com out there for the Sorento.
I don't know if anyone has created software for non-factory users or not, but it sounds plausible.
It seems to me that this forum here is not really hat active, it is almost all the time the same people writing here.
I think it's because most people don't come to forums unless they have a question or complaint. If people are happy with their 2014 Sorento, they don't need to be here.
;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't know if anyone has created software for non-factory users or not, but it sounds plausible.

I think it's because most people don't come to forums unless they have a question or complaint. If people are happy with their 2014 Sorento, they don't need to be here.
;)
I don't agree! It is not so that a forum is a sounding board for car problems only. If that is it, it is a problem of the forum management/ how it is organized and run and comes up on google searches.
I am a member of VWvortex, a gigantic forum dealing with all kind of vehicles of the VWAG company.
Most of the boards of this forum are enthusiasts who are interested and share ideas but also help fellow contributors. There are other forums around like this, Touareg forums in the US and Europe. Or take a look at the Subaru forums, they are lively and different aspects of the vehicles are discussed there.
It almost seems as if Sorento owners are kind of lame. and are not really exited about their vehicles, at least, except from the few constant contributors here (a handful of people), this forum is very lame. Why is it that a VW Touareg/Passat/Jetta forum, a Audi TT forum, or Subaru Outback forum can be full of life with hundreds of different contributions, reports of modifications, research into the guts of the vehicle, etc., while a Kia Sorento forum just dwindles along? I don't believe that there are way more Audi TT owners out there than Kia Sorento owners!
Just look at the lively discussions about the current Subaru Outback (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/), just by reading he heading on the manual transmission can educate anybody! Those people over there are not going there because of problems, but because they are interested in their vehicles and the technology of them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Directions for ambient temerature reading

See:

https: //kia.oemdtc.com/211/changing-ambient-temperature-reading-in-type-a-clusters-2014-kia-soul

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a 2014 Sorento LX without the TFT display (LCD display), how do you change the outside temperature
On a 2014 Sorento LX without the TFT display (LCD display), how do you change the outside temperature gauge display from °C to °F and vice versa. The instructions manual do not provide detail information on how to do this other than saying please refer to "User Settings" which only applies to the models with TFT display. Thanks!
You hold the temperature down plus the AMB buttons in for 3 secons

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
he's talking about the outside temperature not the one for the auto climate control :)
....well my 2015 waS ALREADY IN cELCIUS...BUT I think if you want (change) it in Celcius for one, it would be logical that the system understands it also applies for the other....or is artificial intelligence so dumb?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts