Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2005 Spec 5 in Silver (not another **** silver car). It has the aluminum finish on the dash around the stereo (sorry, the wife has my camera right now.). Has anyone figured out how to open it as of yet?

I tried a cloth wraped slot screwdriver and no success. Any info will help thanks.

Also, is there a deck mount kit for this car yet? Is it even needed for the single DIN mp3 player?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, figured it out, so here it is:

Optional wiring harness, I used it. Hyundai kit - 7301 is the model for the adaptor to fit the 2005 spectra 5. No dash kit was required.

To open the dash, firmly grasp the trim piece at the top right above the clock. on my car it is brushed aluminum and on the sedans it is just black plastic. This is the piece that outlines the whole center consol. I used my fingernails to hook into the back of it but you might perfer a cloth wraped screwdriver. PULL HARD at the top in the center. The trim will release. The clock, vents, buttons and environment controlls all come with it.

Unplug all of the cables going into the switchs, clock and environment controls.

You now have acess to the stereo. 4 screws and the stereo and the pocket underneath come out. Aftermarket stereos just screw right into the bracket that the stock single DIN unit. Connect your wires, reverse the process and you are done.

I installed a Panasonic Touch Screen LCD with 3 sets of 5volt pre-outs. I will be installing my Focal Polyglass 165 V3 component set int the front seat and my Focal Polyglass 135 V2 (i think its 135) in the back seat. This will total 10 speakers in the cabin. The 4 channels will be driven by a Soundstream Van Gogh VGA500.4 4 channel amp running 250rms per channel.

I have not decided on the bass as of yet. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 subs, but i am not sure if this little Kia can handle the power. If they do go in, they will be fiberglassed to maximize install space due to the size of these subs (40lbs each) and they will be driven by a JBL PowerValve BP1200.1 driving 1200WRMS into 1 channel.

Does anyone know if a Kia can handle the bass? My pervious 2 cars shook to pieces with 1 of these subs. I now have 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts