Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
KIA SELTOS 1.4 tubo 2020
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut the speed cord on the AVN 10.25 screen but when lowering the handbrake the video still stops. I need to ask for the wire color and pin number of the handbrake on the AVN cable. thanks pro.
Sorry for my limited English

·
Registered
2021 Seltos SX Turbo
18 Posts
I cut the speed cord on the AVN 10.25 screen but when lowering the handbrake the video still stops. I need to ask for the wire color and pin number of the handbrake on the AVN cable. thanks pro.
This is a safety feature so I doubt you'll get any input from this forum.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo // 2020 Sportage LX FWD
429 Posts
We don't have the 1.4 seltos in the us. But there is a couple solutions. One: see how many wires run to the hand brake (removing interior panels around it). There should be two. When the hand brake is up, the circuit is completed, and the dash light illuminates. If there is more then two, then there is the circuit to complete in order to watch video.

Option 2: the bcm (bod control module) tells the screen to play video and the wires are between the bcm and screen. By pulling the hand brake while testing power output with a multimeter you will learn what wire caries the signal and be able to bypass (most likely by adding the signal wire to the constant power).

I can rephrase that if you did not understand parts of my explanation. Just quote and reply and I will be happy to help all I can

Reactions: motcongnghe
1 - 3 of 3 Posts