Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio, 1994 BMW K75S, 1988 BMW K75S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do mostly highway night time driving and the headlights on my Rio are THE absolute worst, bar none, that I have ever had on any of the 7 cars I have owned or any of the various cars I have rented or of friends that I have used in my over 30 years driving.

Even with the fog lights on you cannot see any where near far enough ahead at highway speeds.

I want to check & adjust the headlight aim higher to see if that helps any.
Can someone tell me how to do this as the manual doesn't talk about this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
that's odd, I've owned two Kia's now and in both the headlight system has been one of the best in any vehicle I've owned and I've been driving for over 50 years. So maybe they are not aligned correct. Not sure how long you have owned the vehicle, but a headlight alignment should be covered in the first year or 20,000 km, so check your warranty book. Also alignments should be done to specs at the time the vehicle is PDI'd.

I have found the fogs only lights up the road immediately in front of the vehicle as they have to be used in combination with the low beams. For bad conditions that I have driven in like heavy snow or fog, its really just as effective without the fogs and just on low beam because in those conditions you should lower your speed to match.

You could change them to halogen (which many people have done) which will shine more brightly but you can't see farther. Consumer Reports in the January issue did tests on some halogen bulbs and found this. They said that because distance is determined more by the size and shape of the lamp's reflector or lens than by the bulb.

Members have done light changes and can give you input, me I am more than pleased with my set up and have no desire to change it.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Kbikerider,Sedan or Hatch as the Lights are fine for me in my Sedan.I would just like the LEDS to come on in Automatic mode without the Headlamps Too:mad:

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
Here you go, hope this helps! Good luck! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio, 1994 BMW K75S, 1988 BMW K75S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AWESOME! Thanks Jademac :thumbsup: that's great!

Once it warms up some (it's 14F now!) I will get them adjusted properly and then I'll be able to avoid all those nasty 'road gators' ;) at night.

~Marilyn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts