Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Company says at 60000 miles for the Kia Sephia and ours a 2000 is about 61000. Naturally the sooner the better but what are the chances that the belt could go a few more K and we'd be safe? All personal experience welcome!! :gitara:

·
Registered
138 Posts
What do you care what the chance is. Lets say it is %60, now what are you going to do? Most probably your engine is interference, if the belt snaps you are up for big $$$ repair. You might be lucky and yours could last up to 200KM, do you want to try your luck? Regular manitenace is necessary, unless you plan to junk your car if the belt snaps and financialy you can afford to do that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
liberty, take it from me; i wouldnt push it. some cars you might be able to do that but kias are not such a car. its better to take care of your car when it needs attention or when the dealer specifies it should be done. they know what theyre talking about. i think theres a DIY tutorial in the do-it-yourself column on this site. check that out if you dont wanna pay the dealers prices, but you might wanna make sure you dont void any warrantee if you do that ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts