Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of acquiring a friends 97 Sephia RS, this will be replacing my old reliable Corolla. The Kia has some perks though. He went over a divider in a snow storm, so half of the rear bumper is broken off and also a tear in the base of the trunk where the spare goes. The car drives fine otherwise. Needs front brake job and maybe a front wheel bearing; I heard a on-off rubbing noise from the passenger wheel while rolling w/o braking. Also the headlights are kinad of faded. It is 5spd with AC and radio, with 85K miles. I need a car that will last me at least another 1.5yr/25Kmile. Have heard that parts are expensive and though this is a kia forum I am sure you know more. If it makes any difference I am in NE US.
So what is a fair price to pay and then start spending on the repairs, or should I just forget about it. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I have checked the kbb and edmunds and nada. The problem I am having is that I get a price around 1100 to 1300 for good condition private party value. Trying to deduct the repair costs gets the price down to almost nothing. I still want to pay what's fair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts