Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just baught a black 2012 rio5 sx. Paid $18600. They did take off $1000 cause they knew it was a competitive market. $17,600 after that. So that helped pay for most of the taxes here in pa. Anyways what did you all pay? Did I get ripped or did I do well? So far I like the car a lot! I love the wheels :D

·
Registered
RIO5 SX Brenthon
41 Posts
I just got a signal red SX. $17,150 with carpet mat and cargo tray and they gave me a free iPod cable. It was the cable that sold me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol yea you seem to of gotten a better deal then me. 500 less at least. Did you have a trade in? Oh and I got my iPod cable for $6 from eBay. Works great lol

·
Registered
RIO5 SX Brenthon
41 Posts
No trade in. It was a high volume dealer. They have 230 new kia on their inventory.
It was end of the month. Maybe they need to sell cars to meet monthly sales. What fees did you pay? Have to pay $75 dealer fee and $300 title and registration.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
I like Edmunds and I ordered a 2012 5 door EX w/ Convenience for exactly invoice. Threw in locks, rear cargo mat, net, carpets.

But it never came in so they rolled it over to a 2013, same price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2012 Kia Rio 4 Door sedan 6 speed manual - cargo mats, cargo net, pin striping, and tint 13,517 + tax

$14,317 out the door price. with 18 miles on the odometer :)

Got a helluva deal because my buddy's girlfriend bought the same make/model/year alongside me. The dealers hooked us up with some more money off because who doesn't want to sell two cars at once? :)

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
I bought my 2012 Kia Rio LX sedan with Automatic for $14,090. Floor mats and pin striping, mud flaps thrown in. I paid my taxes when I purchased the state tag.
They tacked on some BS dealer service charge of $400. Meaning I paid $13690 for the car itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow you guys got amazing deals. i had the $750 for destination. tax ofcourse. also they did not take off anything for the cargo mats or tray or net. but like i said they did go down the $1000. actually how it happened with that is i did a trade in of a R title car that was worth about $700 to them. so they instead gave me $1850 for it so that is how im figureing the $1000 off. the car i traded in was pure junk and they knew it and i was happy they gave me so much for it when other dealers were sticking to the $700. but you guys are getting great deals i guess it all just depends on where you live.

On another note i am very happy i got the car. because in my area there are only about 6 of SX models in a 200 mile radius. and the 2013's dont come out for a few months.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 SX
9 Posts
$17,140 was the final price of my 2012 Rio HB SX. Of course the taxes, destination, tags, title, and dealer processing fee were added on to that, so I walked away just until $18,600 final price. I got about $1800 off MSRP, and an additional Costco discount of $300.

·
Registered
2012 3 door manual Kia Rio SLS in Graphite
34 Posts
$20,000 AUD drive-away for the 2012 SLS 3 door, 6 speed manual and floor mats

$5000AUD off retail or thereabouts
That is really a great deal. Did you also get the $500 Coles Myer gift card Kia Australia are handing out at the moment? I imagine you would have as that is a Kia promotion, not dealer specific...

I paid $21,500 drive away for mine in February right after the SLS was launched by Kia Australia. I ordered mine in Graphite which is a $400 premium over the Clear White so you bettered me by about $1000- good for you! I also got the floor matts and slimline number plates included.

I was offered an automatic in Bright Silver for the same price so that was crazy value (if you consider that the auto costs $2000 more plus the cost of the premium paint). I just could not stand the colour (no offense to anyone) and I also wanted a manual for a more responsive and fun ride. I'm happy with the choice I made.

One thing I think we can agree on is that our North American friends are very lucky with the prices they are paying considering the USD is close to parity with the AUD. Not only do they pay less for their top trim Rio but they also get 2 rear doors, auto transmission, sunroof, heated seats and steering wheel, UVO radio, sat nav and reverse parking camera just from memory. Oh well, sucks to live in a country with a relatively low population and therefore smaller market!

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is really a great deal. Did you also get the $500 Coles Myer gift card Kia Australia are handing out at the moment? I imagine you would have as that is a Kia promotion, not dealer specific...

I paid $21,500 drive away for mine in February right after the SLS was launched by Kia Australia. I ordered mine in Graphite which is a $400 premium over the Clear White so you bettered me by about $1000- good for you! I also got the floor matts and slimline number plates included.

I was offered an automatic in Bright Silver for the same price so that was crazy value (if you consider that the auto costs $2000 more plus the cost of the premium paint). I just could not stand the colour (no offense to anyone) and I also wanted a manual for a more responsive and fun ride. I'm happy with the choice I made.

One thing I think we can agree on is that our North American friends are very lucky with the prices they are paying considering the USD is close to parity with the AUD. Not only do they pay less for their top trim Rio but they also get 2 rear doors, auto transmission, sunroof, heated seats and steering wheel, UVO radio, sat nav and reverse parking camera just from memory. Oh well, sucks to live in a country with a relatively low population and therefore smaller market!

Don't feel bad..look at what they try to charge in the country Douxe lives in! $24972.81 for a RIO!! Are they out of their minds? I can get a fully loaded Optima for that price in the States.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
That is really a great deal. Did you also get the $500 Coles Myer gift card Kia Australia are handing out at the moment? I imagine you would have as that is a Kia promotion, not dealer specific..
nah mate we took that out of the bargaining.. Would have been nice but we needed the car more than a gift card

in all honesty it can probably be had cheaper but that was the cheapest one this particular dealer had sold so who knows.

and i know hey, give me a heated seat! not that we really get that cold here but i want it anyway!

·
Registered
2012 3 door manual Kia Rio SLS in Graphite
34 Posts
joesyah- Thanks for trying to cheer me up but I should tell you that I have seen SLS automatics advertised for 25K here too :(

OzSLS- heated seats in Melbourne should be mandatory by law! When I get into my car some of these extra cold mornings I daydream about my friend's heated seats in her Astra convertible!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picking up a 2012 Rio EX Sedan with the convenience package (UVO, backup camera, etc) tomorrow for my daughter. $16500 out the door.

The dealer dropped the price quite a bit due to the deal I am being offered for a Focus SE and I also bought a 2012 Optima EX with NAV from him 3 months ago.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Picking up a 2012 Rio EX Sedan with the convenience package (UVO, backup camera, etc) tomorrow for my daughter. $16500 out the door.

The dealer dropped the price quite a bit due to the deal I am being offered for a Focus SE and I also bought a 2012 Optima EX with NAV from him 3 months ago.
Terrific price!! You also got the customer appreciation discount since you already own a KIA ..I'm guessing. That's another $1000 off the price if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts