Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to make my first car purchase ever and I'm a little intimidated by shopping around all the dealerships. I've got my eyes set on a Rio5 EX with at least the UVO package, just wondering what others have bout their 2013 rios.

I hope this isn't a repost, I searched but couldn't find a post like this.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX Auto, Supercharged 2003 Chevy Avalanche
15 Posts
My wife's brother-in-law is the general manager of the dealership we bought ours from. We figure he's not out to get anything extra from us. Traded in a '99 K2500 suburban with about 175,000 miles, tires ready to be replaced, and a badly leaking fuel line. He told us the most he could give us for the trade was $1500. For that, and $18,500, covering taxes (7%) and everything else, we got a well loaded EX, including the UVO package that you mentioned, and dealer installed window tinting, miniscule mud flaps, and some sort of clear film door edge and other vulnerable area protection. I think we pretty much paid, minus the trade, the factory window-sticker, and the dealer-installed options came "free". He has a hard time getting the Rios to his dealership - it's primarily a Chrysler dealership with Kia on the side. He had to trade a vehicle with another dealer to get this car. He had just sold the only one he had in stock when we started talking to him about getting a car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I owe 17k on my Soul, the Rio is 21k even, after 200 off window sticker, I'm getting 15,500 for my trade and in the end it all came out to 23,236 including them going to get the car for me at no additional charge because there are no dealers around on the east coast that have one that I wanted. This is a friend of mine and hes not trying to screw me over, he basically broke it down as yeah the TRUECAR price of 20k isnt accurate with the market demand for what is out there, but theres no way I could get the SX I wanted with a Premium Package for what the TRUECAR advertised, because of how low the supply is, I talked to a few other dealers and they wanted 23k JUST for the car not out the door. He doesnt work on commission he is salary so he doesnt make any money off selling the car to me in theory like a typical salesman would. What do you guys think about that price I mentioned above?

·
Registered
71 Posts
13,500 for my 2012 Rio sedan, black, 6 speed manual, had some BS accessories too like cargo net and pin striping.

Helped that my buddy's g/f and him were along and they bought a car at the same time I did so that gave us a bit more bump off the price each.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $18,200 for my '13 Kia Rio 5 EX with the convenience package.

·
Registered
Red Kia Rio SX
11 Posts
Bought a 2013 Rio SX w/out premium package. Paid $17450... of course that doesnt account for tax and other fees.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
I got my 2013 Rio5 LX Manual in September. It was $14,511 plus tax.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX
5 Posts
Kia Rio5 SX - Silver w/Black Interior - Premium Package - UVO and Window Tint w/ Clear Bra on Front and Sides of car...16,500

Helped that I started dealing with dealer while deployed to Afghanistan and showed up straight from returning home to states while still in uniform.. then 3 days later they had a drawing for 1 year worth of payments and owner of dealership gave me the grand prize for serving country so acutally I paid 13,500

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan 2012 Acura TL Advanced, 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
26 Posts
I paid $16611 out the door for a 2013 Rio EX sedan with 956 miles on it. It came loaded with window tint, wing, ISG and convenience package. Dealer buys at auction so he made his money I know but researching MSRP this was a vehicle over $19200. Fair value was $18500 new so I think I done ok.

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
In Canadian $:

Kia Rio SX Sedan Automatic Navigation 2013
Details of the bill:
Vehicle: 21 596.66
Freight and preparation: 1 455.00
Excise Tax: 100.00
Discount: -600.00
Accessories: 965.55
detail:
tinted windows
Winter custom carpet (front and rear)
Wheel lock
Steel wheels for winter 15''
Deflector on the front cover
An hour to install the Homelink mirror
Total 23516.21
+ Taxes: 3 521.55
+ Tires Tax: 82.25
Grand total of 27 120.01
Funding was 0% for 60 months, giving 452.00 per month.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kia Rio5 SX - Silver w/Black Interior - Premium Package - UVO and Window Tint w/ Clear Bra on Front and Sides of car...16,500

Helped that I started dealing with dealer while deployed to Afghanistan and showed up straight from returning home to states while still in uniform.. then 3 days later they had a drawing for 1 year worth of payments and owner of dealership gave me the grand prize for serving country so acutally I paid 13,500
How is this even possible?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts