Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about a complete knocked down 6' by 4' garden shed with the long lengths on the roof bars. It surprised me to be honest, I thought it was going to be minimum two trips

Attachments

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Impressive packing Dowdeswell, Kudos where it's due mate!
Must've take a while to fit all that in without damaging the interior, let alone doing the same extracting it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I did was to keep all the nails facing up so that I could see where they were going and dont force any of it through the rear door opening, which is the smallest profile. Put it in a piece at a time, but when unloading, remove the first 10 bits carefully then you can drag the rest out by the arm full. Amazingly I didn't bottom on the bump stops but the old girl did go phew! when I'd took it all out.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done it again. Damn things like a tardis. Been on holiday to Fuerteventura, went to Birmingham Airport with a bulky pushchair (not a stroller). 4 full size hold suitcases. Three full carry on size suitcases and a holdall. Then 4 aduts and a baby in one of those maclaren type padded car seats and there was still room if we had wanted to chuck more in. The controlling factor was the aircraft not the car

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
All I did was to keep all the nails facing up so that I could see where they were going and dont force any of it through the rear door opening, which is the smallest profile. Put it in a piece at a time, but when unloading, remove the first 10 bits carefully then you can drag the rest out by the arm full. Amazingly I didn't bottom on the bump stops but the old girl did go phew! when I'd took it all out.:D
Would be interesting to know what odd items have been carried on a roof rack. Mine was a large single plywood wardrobe I carried from Bristol to Harrogate (230miles). Unfortunately, the wind was against me most of the way and I reckon that I lost money on that second hand wardrobe as it rapidly reduced my speed and my fuel consumption rocketed. Never again.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts