Kia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused..?? regarding the sound system, some say it comes wid front/rear speakers, some say it comes wid only front ones….my car is having front speakers only…wat do u say..??

·
Registered
2 Posts
See… Picanto’s a very basic car, that perfectly suits your day to day needs, for luxury cars KIA has got Optima, Amanti and Spectra…. So be happy wid wot u have …Picanto comes wid front speakers only.

·
Registered
60 Posts
in the UK, dunno about anywhere else, the SE model has 6 speakers, 2 rear, 4 front including 2 tweeters! so i think theres plenty of luxury there!

the lx comes with 4, and the gs 2.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You guys in the UK are lucky, cos in Sinapore you get 13" steel wheels and only two speakers no matter what you pay. Sounds like your 'GS' there... although a GS scooter would probabl have more street cred than our Picantoes! B)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by KIAks@Sep 2 2004, 07:33 PM
You guys in the UK are lucky, cos in Sinapore you get 13" steel wheels and only two speakers no matter what you pay. Sounds like your 'GS' there... although a GS scooter would probabl have more street cred than our Picantoes! B)
ahh well i have 14" alloys, and air con, do you get air con? i would guess you do there!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Add more speakers!

In the UK the wiring appears to be there, had the 'mirror' trim of an LX model, and the tweeter wires were there, also front fogs appear prewired!

·
Registered
72 Posts
aye, we got the air-con, just not all mod cons ... no electric mirror, no parcel shelf in the back, no body coloured door strips and no side blinkers. didn't even have an alarm until the salesman threw one in for free out of pity.

i hear you man, i'll get two more speakers and tweeters too. who knows I might find a bass tube from the junk yard and use that too. aha! B)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys/gals,

I'm new to this forum and only got my Picanto two weeks ago (The GS model). As the GS only has two speakers but has the paneling on the doors in the rear to contain two more speakers - are the wires already there to connect the rear speakers to if I were to buy two more speakers?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The wiring is there for the Tweeters, so I can only assume you would be able to plug in an extra couple of speakers!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Tweeter plugs are behind to panel that would house the tweeter.
The small trianglular plastic trim that covers the mirror screws on the door, with manual mirrors you won't be able to fit the speakers there.

At least this is what I've found on UK spec cars, other countries spec cars could be different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new member here from Indonesia and I'm getting my new Picanto next month :). Anw, talking about speaker, do you guys have any information which size Picanto's speaker are? I've talked to the Kia seller earlier and he mentioned that the front speaker are 3.5 inch and the rears are 5 inch. Is it true?

Cheers,
Peppy Maulana

·
Registered
72 Posts
you'll just have to take his word for it until you are able to remove the door panel and see for yourself. mine only has two speakers, and its different for different countries.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If I ever have to take a door panel off, I'll post the sizes.. it's a reliable little car so far, so no need to remove anything!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.