Kia Forum banner

421 - 440 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is a 2011 and just being over 60K. To and from work is 6 miles per day. Oil changes are every 3K miles. Or every 3-4 months ands needed. Off days I drive it the most. Dealer has mostly been good to fix Issues as they come up. So far my only real issue is they caught the battery going bad one oil change and send maintenence. Didn't want to replace battery with them honestly. Family members wanted me to buy at dealership. Now they sell kias and work on them. They have ads up for buy their batteries. The kia brand. What do I get for replacement battery that fits. A freakin autocraft battery. When it goes bad again as of expect it to sometime. I am buying what I want from local and trusted advance auto parts store with their name brand battery. I have a battery tender charger and a spare cable to bolt in place on battery and a homemade battery charge reader that is just a voltage meter In a plastic box.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento LX, 2015 Subaru Forester
9 Posts
We purchased our I4 LX in March 2010. It now has 31500 miles on it (yes only 31500). It's been primarily my wives car but I've been driving it for the past month a-lot as trying to keep the mileage down on my other car that's a lease. Cloth seats are awful for staining with just water. Averaging about 23-24 in mixed driving. Oddly, I find it better without ECO mode on. I replaced the front brakes a year ago and the rears last spring. Also ditched the awful Kumho stock tires (got 21K out of them) a year and half ago with a set on Continentals that have been great. Otherwise oil changes, Mobil 1 since 10K miles, the periodic wash/wax and gas. Car is pretty comfortable (could use a lumbar adjustment for the driver) and has been very reliable on the whole. It's been to the dealer here and there for recalls but seldom for any service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 and over 100,00 miles. I am about to hit 150,000 in two month. I bought it used three years ago with 45,000 miles. It is a good vehicle especially after three rear end hit this year. My only negative is having to pay to replaced the door lock acurator this week. Kia did not recall but that is a subject for another forum.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento LX AWD, 2.4 GDI, 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8
1 Posts
Mine is a 2013 with around 57,000 miles, I bought it from a dealer as certified pre owned and I love it. It has plenty of power and good fuel economy. I haven't been able to test the AWD because we haven't had any snow yet. My only real complaint is that you can't check the transmission fluid due to it being a sealed unit(I'm the type of person that does a complete top to bottom inspection of my vehicle every week or to)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento LX
2 Posts
69,000 still riding like a pro. the only con is i had to do all the upgrades myself kia charge way to much for simple upgrades. added>navi>back up camera>after market headlights with led lines>side steps>rearview mirror compass.... there more but just needed a bunch of upgrades to make this ride not only look good but feel good lol...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 3.5 AWD
14 Posts

2011 Kia Sorento 3.5 AWD, so far it's been great overall. Bad stock battery, struts clunk a little, transmission has very small weird shifts at times, oil pressure sensor went bad... Things here and there. Been a great vehicle, just took it out for some snow driving on my winter tire and wheel set, Toyo Observe G3 Ice, they hook up and go...

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento LX 4-cyl.
3 Posts
2011 Base 2.4L 4 Cylinder: about 110,000.

-Bought with less than 12,000-but original manufacturer warranty is not the same for a resale

-Beige cloth seats stain even with water

-every door handle has needed to be fixed and 2 windows have failed. ie. plastic little chrome piece broke, unable to open some doors from the outside or inside (safety issue to me)

-oil changes about every 7k miles using Mobile 1 and Wix Filter

-Recall work needing to be done.

-Hendrick Kia Service in Raleigh, NC ( a lot of turnover, I feel they are not always trustworthy)

-Air Bag light is on (non-movable part): diagnosed as needing a new air bag and clock spring: the stealership will fix it for about $1500 ( Dealership: air bag part $900. Found it for about $600 online but will not warranty it-even though it's a manufactured part: "We don't know who made it or how old it is."

-My wife is a Realtor and hates this vehicle (frustrated for the most part) Would I buy another Kia Sorento? unlikely, but the engine has been good to me. Quality is less than desirable.

Good Luck Kia Sorento owners new and old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are you getting this mileage? Do you have a stick shift/ manual? I have a V6 automatic (first automatic I've ever owned). When solely using D mode I get about 18/19 average MPH per the indicator, when using the auto stick/tip tronic mode on getting between 20/22 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,703 Posts
How are you getting this mileage? Do you have a stick shift/ manual? I have a V6 automatic (first automatic I've ever owned). When solely using D mode I get about 18/19 average MPH per the indicator, when using the auto stick/tip tronic mode on getting between 20/22 MPG.
As far as I can tell, this thread is intended for you to list how many miles you have on the clock, .....not MPG.

Please update your profile detail, ......at least location and vehicle.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD (Titanium Silver); 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, 6-sp. manual (Eclipse Gray)
121 Posts
Just had the oil changed and the transmission lever recall done @ 67k miles, and still love the car. I'd have no qualms about replacing it with another one, when the time comes. My only minor gripe is that the head unit (nav.) is always reluctant to establish a bluetooth connection with my iPhones. My MINI Cooper connects every time.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage 4 cyl. 2.4l FI
64 Posts
Buying used

I am looking into buying a used 2011 Sorrento with about 107,000 miles on it. And they are asking $11,000. Also another 2011 with 78,000 miles for $13,900. After seeing some comments it seems like these are too many miles especially for what they want. I am afraid I won't get too many more miles out of them. Any one say any different?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 and over 100,00 miles. I am about to hit 150,000 in two month. I bought it used three years ago with 45,000 miles. It is a good vehicle especially after three rear end hit this year. My only negative is having to pay to replaced the door lock acurator this week. Kia did not recall but that is a subject for another forum.
You got a good 2011. my 2011 sorento just got out of the shop with main bearing engine failure at 40k miles. Seems some sorentos with 2.4 motor used 2.4 engines built at the Hyundai plant in Alabama and in the machining process of the crank journal they didn't bore the holes or properly clean those holes to distribute the oil properly.

Fortunately it was covered under warranty. Had to wait 2 months as all the engines are going to Hyundai as they have acknowledged the problem -- kia has not recognized the problem.

The dealer and manufacturer were trying to wriggle out of the warranty claim and they made me produce all the oil change receipts. thank god I kept all the receipts that the dealer performed.

My car made a knocking clattering noise when the engine was cold at 2100 to 2200 rpm under very light throttle application.

Don't think I will buy another Kia. After doing research on the engine design, -- these are truly cheaply built and designed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking into buying a used 2011 Sorrento with about 107,000 miles on it. And they are asking $11,000. Also another 2011 with 78,000 miles for $13,900. After seeing some comments it seems like these are too many miles especially for what they want. I am afraid I won't get too many more miles out of them. Any one say any different?

my 2011 kia sorento had catastrophic engine failure at 40k miles -- see my post just below.

for what its worth the dealer would only give me 10k trade in value. for one of these cars with near 100k miles -- run don't walk away from it. Kia gives a 10 yr 100k powertrain warranty, but there are lots of stipulations on it and the warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the car.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SX AWD
21 Posts
2011 Sorento AWD EX

Awesome car - already bagged one deer last year - about $5k. Just upgraded the Nav/map - no problems. I would have bought another but the prices skyrocketed - so I will keep this one - it's paid for.

·
Registered
2013 Soul Base, AT, Titanium and 2013 Sorento, 4 cyl, Blue
104 Posts
2013 base model. No problems other than the $13 brake light switch and the right rear inside door handle broke. All warranty coverage. They are getting kinda pricey but so is everything else. I'd buy again. 64K miles.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento FWD V6
11 Posts
80K 2011 Kia Sorento XM
-Decent car, pulls right if let go of the wheel (Kia says all their cars follow the "crown of the road") - causes tires to cup. iPhone cable connect - slow response, causes the first 3-5 seconds of songs to miss or issues attempting to go to the next song or back causes a song to repeat over and over. Wheel controls for the nav system from time to time get scrambled up (volume becomes the voice command, mode turns down the volume). Squeaky panoramic sunroof (even after having it regreased with the new "updated grease" to fix that). Bad timing chain tensioners. The front end lifts slightly when accelerating - and have been through a few different types of tires, but all make more than embarrassing travel in the snow - 1 inch slush and the car hardly can go. Orange spots come out of the paint job as well. AC louder than most vehicles - you may need to speak up if you wish to talk to others in the vehicle unless on the lowest setting. Tranny replaced at 25K. The sunroof things to pull out jammed twice and now out-of-warranty still stuck (the back one), gas cap latch replaced twice.
Minus that - it's been a great vehicle.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD (Titanium Silver); 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, 6-sp. manual (Eclipse Gray)
121 Posts
They're pulling your leg about the pulling to the right issue. ;) It's a common problem with the Sorento, that has nothing to do with the crown of the road - search the forum and you'll see what I mean. Mine had it from the day I bought it new, and required some front suspension work to fix.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento FWD V6
11 Posts
They're pulling your leg about the pulling to the right issue. ;) It's a common problem with the Sorento, that has nothing to do with the crown of the road - search the forum and you'll see what I mean. Mine had it from the day I bought it new, and required some front suspension work to fix.

I've tried and tried. Now they avoid it now years later it's out-of-warranty. But thanks - doing research on that is what brought me to find this forum years ago. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX AWD
15 Posts
My 2012 EX V6 sorento is still doing very well. bought it when it had like 80k, now it has 110k clicks on it. love the premium ride it gives (except for when you go over bumpy surfaces haha classic 2011-2013 sorento joke). I dont have the luxury package whatnot with the sunroof and big touch screen etc so i dont have to worry about all those things causing problems XD(didnt trust it for this generation, but i trust it on the new sorento 2017....oh how I want that one so bad). Need to fix i think the struts because of the clonky noise it makes when going over the slightest bumps and turns....thats what you get for having such a stiff suspension (correct me if im wrong about which part to fix). only thing i wish for is for a more badass sound system but hey, $$$.....so these will suffice ;). I drive pretty damn conservatively (my music says i should be drifting) for i dont want to wear out the life of the engine so i think this car can last me quite a while. Maybe in the years to come i can trade it in for a brand new sorento? oOOOoOoOooooOOooOo

421 - 440 of 452 Posts