Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in New England and my current car a Mazda 3 hatch with 17" wheels is the worst car I've ever driven in snow (worse than my rwd fox body 5.0 mustang was)......that said I fell in love with kia optima at dealer and might pull the trigger, looking for a sporty family sedan and it seems to fit the bill at incredible price. Only bummer is I noticed it is FWD only no AWD. How is the 16" and 17" wheels in the snow on base engine and do you recommend this car for a new family with more kids planned in future? .thanks

Ps: wife looking at 3 row sorento!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Just put snowies on in the winter and go anywhere any other low 2 wheel drive will,,

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
How does the price of the Optima compare with the new Mazda 6? Similar prices in Australia, but the Optima probably has more kit included. We're happy with our Cerato (poor man's Optima?), and it's comparable in most respects to our 2004 Mazda 6.

I don't know much about driving in snow, but can't imagine that Optima would be worse than any other similar mid-size sedan. Tyres will be the answer.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
as njerald said, good snow tires are the key, get the right equipment that meets your local conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts