Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have been meaning to do this for a while and now its done! Really happy with the results and I think that it finishes the front of the Pica off...

There are more pics of the detailing on the grille in My Garage please take a look around. I hope you like it, I definately prefer it to the old style, and recon the lower grille matches it well without the lower bolt on bit....

Hope you like it, maybe give you an idea if you decide you dont like the grille, or it hasn't grown on you...

Mike :57:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I have to admit yours was a major inspiration!!! :grin:

really like your pica, never seen any like it in the UK, and really not liking my grille decided to change it to one like yours, really liked the look of yours and decided on a variation on a theme. Thanks for the comments though!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it all comes down to personal taste and style. If you take a look at my garage you will see there are a few little tweeks that just improve the standard car and its styling. I do actually want to sell it on in three years time too, so I didnt want to do to much as to put off other buyers, or anything to really alter the insurance.

You have to know when not to go to far so you dont ruin it I guess. I could have perhaps gone further, but you can only do so much before it gets tacky, I think that Kevdyas, Kneeler and vican2 for example have got a good balance of just attributing to the cars looks, I didnt want to take it to far.

How it is now, it looks like a model which KIA may have made, it has enough to stand out when parked next to another, but not to stick out like a sore thumb when everywhere else.

Lets face it though guys everybody is always going to prefer their own ride, its to their own taste, whether other people agree or not is up to them.

One man's mod may be another man's tat, I wouldn't for example put flame decals all up the side, partly because it wouldn't suit the ride, and secondly to my mind it looks a little chavy (tacky) but some might like it.

In short modification doesnt have to mean obvious things, it can just be subtle, there seems to be more art in knowing when to stop. Thats just my opinnion. some of the best modified cars can be either subtle (those mentioned above) or obvious, (Jesus) but in all cases they have made a good job of their own ride, and they themselves are pleased with the result thats all that matters really. I just posted it up because some people I know where considering it themselves, thus thought it may be a help or give them an idea.

Anyways, end of lecture....

Thoughts anyone?

Mike

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pesonally, i think there's no limit to modification of your liking. Who are you to say his or her mod is not nice?? Everyone of us have our own preference. Even our fingers they are all not of the same length. As long as u like what u do, just go ahead. Afterall you are the one driving the car, so why bother what others think??
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by jjomal@Nov 21 2005, 02:38 PM
Pesonally, i think there's no limit to modification of your liking. Who are you to say his or her mod is not nice?? Everyone of us have our own preference. Even our fingers they are all not of the same length. As long as u like what u do, just go ahead. Afterall you are the one driving the car, so why bother what others think??
Just my opinion.

:clap:

Very good.

Thanks all!

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
246 Posts
ive done the same...i won the photoshop comp on "ukpicantoclub"

and heres 1 i did for my friend

·