Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you take off the rear bumper? I have a 2004 Cerato (same as Spectra5). I remember googling a diagram but can't seem to find it anymore. Have a baseball size dent on the rear bumper and will use hairdryer trick to push it out.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
On the SpecSX it's held on by plastic rivets located in both wheel wells, under the closed hatch on top of the cover, and under the car...in assorted places...
The "rivets" have a philips type screw in the center and if you slide a pocket knife in along the edge where the "philips" makes contact and gently apply pressure to lift the screw while turning it they will back out and can be re-used... Be careful of the amount of heat used and move the heat gun/hair dryer often...If kept in one location too long you WILL distort the plastic. You need only enough heat to barely soften the plastic than use something with a fairly large contact area to push the dent back out. Take your time and don't push to hard or too fast...
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
easy, just drive thru a puddle of water and watch your rear bumper fly off. lol this happened to me last year. it was actually kinda funny.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
But that way you can't put it back on easily :)
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts