Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wallbash: Can anyone help me here please? This is my first post and I tell ya I'm really pleased to finally find a site thats dedicated to Kia cars!!! :clap: After taking the plung in Sept '03 on buying a Magentis what can i say! What a fantastic car. Only having had it for approx 19 months still really happy with it. I've already clocked up about 38,000 miles (61,000 kms) and only had to do the usual servicing and a couple of tyre changes. Anyhow now its out of warranty (inc. free 30,000 miles servicing) apart from oil changes which I leave to a garage I want to change the fuel filter but have been told it may be in the actual fuel tank!!!! Is there an easy process of changing it and if so can anyone explain how to please? :unsure:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much! You've saved me a lot of hassle. I'll certainly be having a look tomorrow because the performance factor has dropped and I can only put it down to that because I have changed all the other filters, plugs etc..... Though still quite a mover and I had verification that I reached 139.23 mph!!!!!! It was on a test circuit tho. I'm not that mad to do that on a public road! Honest! Raised quite a few eyebrows especially with the ole fashioned boy racers!!!! ha ha ha the term wolf in sheeps clothing springs to mind......

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case peolple think...yeah yeah yeah! It isn't a standard car...it had a few tweaks under the bonnet

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly I had a look under the back seat and there is no cover to access the fuel tank! Oh well! Looks like I'll just have to get it up on a ramp and drop the tank! Unless anyone else can give me any tips on how to change the fuel filter the easy way :blink:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Have you checked all along the fuel line? It would really suck if you pulled the tank just to find out it isnt in there.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link will have a look shortly. So you wanna know about my mods.....here goes:-
K&N 57i Induction Kit (Awesome sound between 3-5k on the ole revs) :haha:

EFi Power boost valve (Nice off the mark snappy throttle) :thumbsup:

Piper vernier pulleys (Standard cams but pulleys tweaked for Stage 2 slight improvement) :thumbsup:

Superchipped ECU (+10bhp! NICE!!!) :thumbsup: :haha: :thumbsup:

Split fire sparkplugs (Do the job nicely....First mod I bought. Noticed the improvement right away!) ;)

Split fire leads (No improvement on performance but look nice when the tacky engine cover is removed) :blink:

As for pics.....at the moment looks a standard car!......But got a few ideas up my sleeve just need to get the cash together for them :crying:

The emphasis is on:- LOUD N' LOW ;)

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just tried to log onto kiatech but got blown out because I have a UK address not a US one so my registration failed on the credit card section. Never mind thanks again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys after a lot of messing around today I managed to get into the fuel tank to hopefully change the fuel filter. You wont believe this!!!!!!! :mad2:
When I unbolted the fuel tank inspection cover I found on the inside of the cover was the sender unit, a fuel pump and that was it!!!!!! I was so P****d to find that there was no fuel filter in there. The best of it was after a long conversation with a local dealer to locate the filter it wasn't even there!!!! So I am now at a total loss as to where the actual filter is. The last place I can think of is under the boot area (trunk) because on the rear left hand side there is a plastic unit with some pipes going into it. Now why didn't I check there first you ask.....well I did but I was told that was only for the fuel return pipe that had a charcoal filter in it. So as a last resort I will unbolt it and check it. If I find it there I will post the results on here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay guys after hours of blood sweat and tears I can confirm 100% that the '03 2.0 ltr Magentis does not have an in-line fuel filter!!!!! The only type of filter it has is the good ole tea strainer bag on the end of the pump intake pipe in the tank. To be honest I personaly wouldn't even class it as a filter so at some point I'm going to fit an in-line filter because you just never know. Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Thats good to know. Too bad you went through so much to figure that out. And adding a in-line filter sounds like a good idea. Less of a headache in the long run if you have issues.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Magentis
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah forgot to mention..... If anyone is wondering what the unit is under the trunk area behind left hand side rear wheel (left hand side if you are looking at the back of the car) It's a charcoal filter for the petrol fumes. Just thought I'd add that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts