Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sorento
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The rear wiper arm on my 2000 Sportage is rusty and needs painted.
The front arms can be removed by removing a plastic plug and removing the nut holding them in place.
There is no plastic plug on the rear arm. Though I do see a very large nut under a rubber collar. Is that how the arm is removed? If so which way do you turn it?

I see over 30 people have looked at this posting so far.
Yet Nobody knows how to do this. Jeeshh.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The rear arm bolts directly to the rear wiper motor.

There is a plastic cover at the base of the arm - remove the cover and remove the outer nut. The arm / motor fitting is knurled and pressed on just like the front arms, use some PB Blaster to loosen and light pressure from underneath to rock it up -> pop off the wiper arm.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
eglideic,

Got your message, re: how to remove plastic cover - it's been awhile, I'll have to check the parts Sporty this weekend to look at that rear wiper arm to see how the plastic cover mounts to the assembly..

I still have to finish cleaning out the parts Sporty of winter storage items to help another member w/ a wiring issue, but I'm pretty sure the rear wiper arm is in there, somewhere. :D

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Ok, finally dug down to the bottom of the parts Sporty and found the rear wiper..

To remove the plastic cover, follow the bottom of the cover to just where it starts to taper, on either side bottom there is a ridge on either side, use a pick tool or small screwdriver in between the cover and frame to unseat and move the cover up about 1/4 " or so to clear, then slide the cover towards the back -> to remove..

If difficult to lift/slide/remove, suggest using some wd40, dish detergent, etc to loosen up first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts