Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my rear speakers in my 2000 Sephia and it's turning out to bea little tougher than I thought. It looks like the speaker grills are part of the rear deck cover itself. So, I'm trying to remove the rear deck, but it's held in place on the sides by the sections of the seats that don't fold down -- how do you get those out? It looks like you may have to remove the part of the rear seat you sit on -- if so, how does that come out? It looks like its held in two places near the front, but I can't tell what mechanism holds it down. Thank you in advance for any help!

-_ Evan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by galtem@Feb 23 2005, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my rear speakers in my 2000 Sephia and it's turning out to bea little tougher than I thought. It looks like the speaker grills are part of the rear deck cover itself. So, I'm trying to remove the rear deck, but it's held in place on the sides by the sections of the seats that don't fold down -- how do you get those out? It looks like you may have to remove the part of the rear seat you sit on -- if so, how does that come out? It looks like its held in two places near the front, but I can't tell what mechanism holds it down. Thank you in advance for any help!

-_ Evan
yes you will need to remove the rear seat back part. (the part your back uses).
from there you will see the 2 i think it is bolts. then remove the third brake light cover and unplug the wires for third brake light. the back piece then will come off and have access to the speakers. unhook the speakers from inside trunk!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
41 Posts
in my 02 spectra, i had to remove the back seat (the part you sit on top of) so i could get to the bolts that held the sides of the seat that do not fold down. then i could get to the back shelf.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
sephia is a 4 door your 02 is a hatch back very different!

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
This thread would have solved my problem, but everyone failed to answer "How do you remove the back seats?"

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
410 Posts
Here is the info from 'kia tech'

1. Push lock buttons as shown in figure to release cushion, then pull seat cushion out.
2. Remove one mounting bolt from left side bolster.
3. Remove left side bolster.
Repeat for the Right
Cheers Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts