Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally figured out where the oil pan is, and the plug to pull to drain it. I think I finally found the oil filter, but I have NO idea at all how you can reach it to change it!! Has anyone else figured it out? I've got my car up on ramps now, but I can't access the filter from underneath the car. It's next to the alternator underneath everything! HELP! :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 25 2005, 10:21 PM
I have finally figured out where the oil pan is, and the plug to pull to drain it. I think I finally found the oil filter, but I have NO idea at all how you can reach it to change it!! Has anyone else figured it out? I've got my car up on ramps now, but I can't access the filter from underneath the car. It's next to the alternator underneath everything! HELP! :)

Maybe i just think it looks iimpossible because I have short arms? At least I do have small hands - guess that's a plus?? I couldn't believe the owner's manual didn't have the location of all this stuff in the first place for us non-mechanic people! :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 26 2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe i just think it looks iimpossible because I have short arms? At least I do have small hands - guess that's a plus?? I couldn't believe the owner's manual didn't have the location of all this stuff in the first place for us non-mechanic people! :)
Well finally along with a cap wrench & socket wrench from autozone, I was able to get to the oil filter from underneath the car. Tightening up seemed ok - still waiting to see if there's any leaks. My next challenge: changing the plugs :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.